Bratkowski and Tucker Gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would love to see someone take MM87s spot on the roster

that said the WRs in general did not produce separation consistently. I am basing this on Frank Wychecks in game commentary. I have not did a full 22 of the WRs.

I will also state that my view of the home games is full 22 ( upper deck ) and I have to concur with Wycheck.

I dont have the answer but I am hoping new WR coach does.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I must admit I don't recall ever thinking to myself during the season "that Bratkowski must be a terrible WR coach." I do however feel encouraged that Mularkey expects better and isn't afraid to fire friends to get there

#22 ImATitan, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think the biggest problem was that Matthews and Sharpe were our 2 best receivers. Matthews was such a surprise. If he hadn't stepped up in such a big way, it would have been ugly. Wright and harry werent up to the task at all. They gotta go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He should go by Michael or Mikey.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

One thing about the WRs this year; drops were not nearly as prevalent. I think that can easily be credited to having WRs with better hands.

Matthews really stood out this year IMO. He had a great season for a low key FA signing. He was the key to the deep ball this year.

Sharpe was apparently showing up in TC. However, he was not getting open that much in games. Mularkey consistently said that Sharpe was not running his routes the way he should. He was not getting his proper depths. I think that is probably the biggest issue.

Wright was virtually out the door at the start of the season. He was again injured. He again, was slow getting back from injury. He never seemed hungry to get back on the field. He was all smiles making his big money doing nothing for the team. He just does not seem like the kind of guy you want in the culture the team is trying to build. I could be wrong. However, that's just always the vibe I got from him. He is much more of a "Me" guy than a team player. Aside from a nice catch or two a year he did not offer much to the offense. He also had a REALLY bad habit of back tracking behind the LOS attempting to get extra yards.....It RARELY if ever worked.

We need talent at WR. We have spent resources on the position. However, they have not worked out the way they should've. I think the hype around Sharpe this year was valid. I think he can be a part of the offense & provide production. I believe Mularkey feels the same way. If he feels Sharpe was not handled properly, & the team is considering a high 1st at WR; a new WR Coach is a very good investment.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Chip kelly for wr coach!!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. titanchamps

titanchamps Starter

Michael Irvin.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Doesn't strike me as someone who would be a good coach lol

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I was trying to look at some previous Mularkey staffs to get a hint at who could looked at for WR coach. Didn't find a clue lol.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

image.jpeg
    There's always this guy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar