Bratkowski and Tucker Gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Didn't see this posted but per titansonline.com we will be looking for a new receivers coach.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bratkowksi hadn't coached a position group since 2011. Great hire...

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

I was shocked we hired a guy that had not worked in the NFL for so long. However, Matthews seemed to excel this year. Kind of shocked me, but I do not object at all. He is an old man in a young man's old.

Mularkey said, "The search process begins now as we look for a coach to lead the wide receivers and add to our coaching group on offense"

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...i-Tucker/903ef3ea-02fb-4665-9b30-46672ca25a6f

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Making room for Mark Helfridge (sp?)

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Shows they want to upgrade WRs this year.

I could easily see Mike Williams at #5.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. kenny

kenny Starter

Makes you wonder what was up......Maybe Mularkey is looking for someone who can better develop Sharpe.

Maybe he is looking for some one new with different ideas. Some one who can bring something different to the offense.

Also makes me wonder if we may be looking at WR sooner than later in the draft. They may want the best they can get to develop a WR with such a big investment in them. Possibly Mike Williams.......I would not object to that pending his physical on that neck injury. I cannot remember a time when we had a true #1WR in TN.

It is a stretch, but Bratkowski was a close personal friend of Mularkey. He also had coached with Mularkey in other stops. so he had to have a good reason for letting him go

7. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Like the move, MM is putting his friendship aside and making a "football" move. Shows that he isnt taking this gig for granted.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

Mularkey did credit a lot of picks early in the season to WRs being in the wrong spot at the wrong time......However, the drop rate of WRs improved drastically this year. It kind of caught me off guard. I figured Mularkey would want to upgrade his staff. However, WR was one of the more improved groups on the team. Mostly due to Matthews though.

I am hoping this is a sign that Mularkey plans to invest in a great WR. I do not remember this team ever having a true #1WR.....

I do have to admit that CB is higher on my list of needs though......The secondary has cost us more games than the offense IMO. Maybe the plan is to go after a good FA CB & invest in a WR via the draft.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

true.

shytcanned the ST coach midseason also

10. kenny

kenny Starter

Yea, even I have to give him credit. I have not been a fan of the Mularkey hire from the start. I am still not ready to say he is the one to take us to an AFC South Championship. We will find out more of what he can do next year with a tougher SOS. However, he is working for it. As you said, it appears he is not taking this one for granted.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar