BRANDON WEEDEN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Eternal, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As much as we may be joking about Weeden, I really don't think he's all that bad. I watched him play a lot last season, and he looked pretty good at times. He has absolutely no one to throw to other than that Gordon guy (who's only good for bomb passes). Put some good WRs around him, and I honestly think you're looking at a team that can compete for the playoffs.

The problem is he probably can't much better... he's so old already. Had he come into the league at 22 like most do, things may be different.

He came very, very close to beating the Ravens on national TV.

And the Browns were clearly better than they have been since the Anderson fluke 2007 season.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

whhhyyy would you use those stats to say weedens better than locker. locker played in ten games. 2 of those he did not finish. lets take 60% of his production which would be 1200 yards 6 td's and 6 ints. that would put him at 3376 yards 16 tds and 17 ints. i really believe he can stay healthy and this is behind a horrible o line with 80% of projected starters out on ir by years end. and this is with 2 games unfinished. how is weeden any better??????? plus lockers a good 3-4 years younger not exactly sure?

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

So because Locker gets hurt a lot the stats shouldn't count? I'd say that favors Weeden even further, since he isn't hurt at all times.

I like your make believe stats. Mine however are legit. Non-fiction.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol he gets hurt a lot...if he doesnt make it through nexxt season then you can say that. but for now no thats simply not a fact. you just hate locker for some reason. plus my stats arent make believe. i honestly believe his stats would be much much better than what i projected, if he didnt miss time. so i guesss basically if youd trade anything for weeden at this point in time over locker then im so so so glad you are not at all involved in this teams decision making.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Which is why I said trading for Weeden, we would have to take a chance. A risk. And i'm fine with that. If the Browns WAITED, like WE ARE WAITING, until next year.. then it would be pretty cut and dry. But they aren't, so it isn't. In the short term, and most likely long term, I feel Weeden is the better QB. But seeing as the Browns are wanting to deal him now, we need to make a move and take a chance.... kinda like we did drafting Locker #8 overall. Hasn't worked out so well for us this far. Do you disagree?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

under the premise of a Hasselbeck and a 5th for Weeden then yes for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Weed/Locker competition but I wouldn't trade anything of real value or sign him to anything of real consequence.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The Browns have a better offensive line, receiving core, and defense then we do... how does Locker have the better supporting cast exactly.

8. RavensShallBurn

All true except for the WR corps part. Browns WRs suck. Not saying ours don't, but we at least have a couple of decent ones.

Greg Little sucks. Josh Gordon is a good deep threat, but that's all.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I motion that ALL free agent threads get sorted into ONE thread. This is getting a tad annoying.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. RavensShallBurn

JC's fault.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar