Brandon Marshall anyone???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am not arguing it's the Jets, and I could care less whether they have him or not honestly. It's about the fact that we have NOBODY that is consistently capable or big enough to play the outside. A 5th is NOTHING to give up for proven talent. Yet, watch, we will waste an earlier pick on a "What if" that needs 2 years to learn the system while we are trying to save a franchise. To me, this was a missed opportunity to show that they are serious and get the fans going without giving up a lot....How can you say that would have been bad for us....A 2nd year QB having a big target like BM

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Marshall would have the best season of any titans wr in the last decade...easily...it would of been a great trade for us

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't understand the disconnect. We have ZERO quality receivers. Our best receiver is a slot guy at best that can't stay on his damn feet....And another that is soft as can be, a sting bean, and can't catch consistently, Yet we have people acting like BM would be bad for the team. Am I missing something here??

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Personally if I was Webster, I would've made calls to the Bears about a trade... I'm willing to bet we at least reached out for info. I'd hope. You have to be proactive and explore all options.

You can go back a couple pages and see that I said I'd give up no more than a 4th for him. I said I would've been fine with that, but that my expectation for Marshall's performance on our team and this offense would've been extremely low.

1. He's a head case with a personality disorder.
    2. He's now on his fourth team for the very reason above.
    3. He's going to be 31 and started having more injury issues.
    4. WR is a need, but it's not a #1 priority and I think we can do much better spending $8mil elsewhere.
    5. We've made strides to get rid of locker room cancers... Why would we add another one?

I understand that Marshall is a beast. I get it. I've taken him in the 2nd or 3rd round in fantasy football for like three years straight now (definitely won't be taking him this season).

But his best years are behind him, and we need to focus on adding other positions. There are other FA WRs that have better attitudes and won't be locker room cancers that we can go after for the same amount of money as Marshall costs.

We can also go best WR available in the 2nd round if need be. Yea, he more than likely won't be anywhere near as good as what Marshall is. Don't care...

There's a reason contending teams didn't end up trading for Marshall. Although like I said, I think he would've been deadly in Indy. Glad he went to the Jets.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Exactly what I thought. He clearly doesn't care about winning. Just shuffling his baggage along to another pay check.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I could be wrong, but Whiz seems to want guys he can control, yes? Well Brandon Marshall is not at all that kind of fella. On top of having a personality, he's bipolar, so he has 2 personalities for Whiz to fight with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he has no say in a trade, he reports to whoever they trade his contract to.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't disagree with that man, I am just playing devils advocate. I don't see him being that bad of a teammate, but maybe I am wrong. As I said before, I don't mind them not taking him, but they better get Douglas or another quality veteran. I am over with rookie projects, because clearly this FO can't draft wide receivers worth a damn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I see where you are going with it, and it is indeed funny lol, but we are in desperation mode bro. It's time to stop with the crappy WR drafting projects. We need veteran leadership, and by that, I don't mean F ing Ted Ginn or Jacoby Jones/Ford.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He actually has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), I believe.

But bipolar is certainly a part of it.

Like I've been saying... Dude is a head case.

I actually recorded the Brandon Marshall: A Football Life on NFL Network the other week. Still haven't watched it, but I'm gonna have to now.

I get that he's matured and "turned his life around," but he is still an issue in the locker room and when things aren't going his way, he'll act like a baby. He wants a ton of catches and TDs... Ain't gonna happen in NY.

He has played on ZERO playoff teams. That streak will continue this season, and that streak would've continued with us as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar