Brandon Boykin released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Any interest from us? He's young, a couple of years removed from a 6 INT year.. Its strange they would release him after just signing him not too long ago though. We have top waiver wire wouldn't hurt, he could replace BWW

Panthers release cornerback Brandon Boykin - NFL.com

#1 Ontario Titan, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was one of my guys for us to target. Solid slot corner, but nothing more.

I think it's sort of telling that the Panthers released him already, especially considering how weak they are at corner (They drafted like four)...

So now I'm not so sure. Must have some character issues to be released already.

We also really need guys who can play outside. Surely between McCain, Blake, Sims, etc, someone will pan out in the slot.

At this point we just have to hope McCourty/Cox stay healthy... And find a new legit starter in the offseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I wondered why the early release as well. Especially from a team that released Norman and drafted 3 rookie CB's. It may be more of a case of liking what they have than not wanting Boykin?
    If he's better than BWW than why not have a look?

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

With the secondary Tennessee sported the last couple years, I say bring the guy in. He might prove to be better than the crap we have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We have a bunch of slot corners already, but surely he's an upgrade over BWW. Can't hurt.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm sure he's better than McCain and Blake as well ?

7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

McCains a slot guy too. They would battle it out most likely.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say the Panthers don't have him in their future plans and allowed him to move on.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Worth the waiver I'd think. With the rest the rag tag DBs, what's it hurt

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

He's a veteran so no waiver wire. He's just a free agent. He actually had better PFF numbers last year than Mccourty or Cox but he's built to play the slot. What we need is a new top guy on the outside. Mccain and the rooks should be fine holding the slot. Doesn't really make much sense to add him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar