Brandon Barden keeping his focus

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

MINNEAPOLIS A year ago, Brandon Barden didn’t get much of a chance to show what he could do during the preseason.

A hamstring injury limited the former Vanderbilt tight end to just two snaps in the preseason finale. The Titans team elected to keep Barden on the practice squad after final cuts a year ago, however, and he played in three games after being called up to the 53-man roster in December.

He’s healthy this year.

“I think I am coming along well,” he said. “I am fast, I am strong and my body is feeling good. It is a complete different side than I was in last year.”

With stiff competition at the position, however, it will be difficult for Barden to land a place on the 53-man roster.

Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens and Taylor Thompson are all locks, and undrafted rookie Jack Doyle has also played well. There’s a chance the Titans would keep four tight ends.

Barden, who has three catches for 16 yards and a touchdown in the preseason, has tried to keep from wondering about his fate.

“If you think about it too much it can eat you up,” he said. “I know I can play in this league and right now all I am trying to do is every snap I get in the game, take full advantage of it. Try and make a play when my number is called, and if not, block the best that I can and everything will fall into place.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar