Brandon Albert available

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 22, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Taco

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

So this is the type of trade you are endorsing.

Dallas Cowboys: Acquire pick No. 6 in 2012
    St. Louis Rams: Acquire picks No. 14 and No. 45 in 2012

That is a 1st and a 2nd. Yeah I'll trade for Albert any day. Picks are more valuable than cap space. Especially because you are getting a known commodity instead of a player fresh to league. I know tackles are pretty straight forward, but they don't always pan out.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So two 2nd round picks versus one 1st and one 2nd... Certainly a steeper price, but worth it.

Let me put it this way... Would you rather give up a 1st and a 2nd for Joeckel, Fisher, of Johnson or two 2nd round picks for Brandon Albert?

Before you answer that question, keep in mind that Albert is under a one year, $10mil deal. You will have to negotiate a new contract with him that will likely be along the lines of 4 year/$32mil. Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson will range between 4 year/$12mil and 4 year/$20mil (depending on where they're taken).

You'd be investing at least twice as much in Albert as you would in one of the rookie OTs.

Just my two cents. It's the same reason teams let great players walk... They don't want to have to pay them.

The Chiefs obviously prefer Joeckel over Albert because he's younger, cheaper, and better.

3. Brew City

I really don't think it's going to be 2 2nds. The steepest it would be a 2nd and 3rd and I still think that's steeper than the actual price is going to be.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

But why is this even a discussion for the Titans? First of all the Chief asking price is totally ridiculous for a guy with only one year left on his deal. Secondly, is this guy really better than Roos? We would be better off just adding a few years to Roos contract. Roos is only a couple of years older and wouldn't cost us any draft picks.

I'd say there is a pretty good chance Johnson is there when we pick in the first. Hard to believe 3 OTs will come off the board before the #10 pick. But that means there could be a number of teams interested in jumping ahead of SD to get a LT (SD is probably wanting a LT). So, knowing the team trading with us is going to take Johnson, and not neccesarily a guy we want, we could drop a few picks, still get the guy we want and end up with an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Miami might be interested after all and they pick #12 (they lost Long). I'd take their 15th pick in the 3rd round and make that deal (point value is actually in our favor). Again, since we know Miami is taking Johnson we are only dropping one spot from a guy we are interested in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

Lol

That's what our discussion is depending upon... that asking price. And you said you'd go for it.

If the asking price was a lot lower, that might change my mind.

6. Brew City

We shall see good sir.

7. RavensShallBurn

I agree with everything you said, but the OP didn't make this thread suggesting the Titans trade for him. It was just a hypothetical question if we were GMs of other teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar