Brandon Albert available

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 22, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Taco

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Obviously, this isn't for us.... we have Roos/Stewy but this is the NFL talk forum also!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...-city-chiefs-want-2-picks-branden-albert-deal

Chiefs look for a 2nd in '13 and a conditional pick in '14. Basically they want in return what they traded for Alex Smith. Brandon Albert is pretty darn good, would you guys trade a 2nd in '13 and 3rd in '14 for him (not the Titans, just in general)..

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

For the Titans? Hell no.

For other teams? Maybe, but that's still a big asking price. I'd probably pass no matter what. If you want an LT, just trade up to the top 10 and take one. Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson are all good.

3. xpmar9x

I feel like he's going to request a biiiiig pay day as well.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

In order to trade up into the top 10 you're going to have to give up a lot more than a 2nd and 3rd. At least a 1st and 3rd depending on where you are in the 1st round. I would much rather trade for Albert than trade into the top 10.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Also I love how Taco has double the votes of the other choices combined right now. lol.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I vote taco. Dorito orange one. not that cool ranch BS.

7. xpmar9x

Havent had the cool ranch one, is it worthy of my dollar?

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

A resounding No to that one.It's a letdown considering how tasty the cheese ones are. I even bought a bag of cool ranch doritos, and was not impressed. I hadn't had them since they were "Cooler Ranch Doritos" and they had a lot more ranch seasoning back then. The way they are now, I'm not a fan.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You say this as if it's an easy thing to do. It takes multiple first round picks and more to trade up that high.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Obviously I know this.

Here's why trading up is still better... Who are the teams in need of LTs? Certainly not playoff teams... It's teams between 1-20. It's not as if I'm suggesting a team late in the first trade all the way up. I'm talking about a team like the Dolphins at #11 or Bears at #20 who are in desperate need of a LT, for example.

The price you give up to trade up to the top 10 is probably the same you'd have to give up to get Albert. Either way, you'd be getting a cheaper, younger player who will likely be better.

Why is that not a better option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar