Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Brady wins Comeback honor??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,489
    Since when is returning to the field from an injury considered a "comeback"?
    Apparently the voting committee isn't the most literate group in the sporting world. Heck, it could be reasonably argued that even Kyle Orton is more deserving. I wonder if Brady would have won if he was ugly?
  1. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    Meh, I suppose you can throw alot of situations out there and see "comebacks". Its to bad Vince didnt win, but at least he didnt lose to some i cant respect, pretty sure Cadillac was 2nd in voting, Im glad to see him doing well too, his knee injury was pretty bad
  2. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    He did miss all of last year right? I'd consider it a comeback. Most players take a good two years to make it back, if ever. Vince Young should certainly be getting votes too. The idea of the award is what you want to question. Who really deserves it. And I think most of us look to award someone who has beaten the odds, faced some sort of adversity, and I don't think anybody looks at tom Brady as having done that. He did, but nobody looks at it like that because he is Tom Brady, winner of everything.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    The most amusing thing is Brett got votes. What did he come back from?
  3. STW Chris Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $198
    Retirement. Again.
  4. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    I honestly could care less who wins comeback player of the year...
  5. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    It should have gone to Cadillac Williams. It's not unusual for quarterbacks to return from torn knee ligaments (Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb have all done it recently and none of those players got the comeback award).

Cadillac Williams came back from two completely destroyed knees and had the best season of his career. No one has ever done that before.
  6. el_darax Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Hey...he's one of the NFL's hurt golden boys.......ref forgot to flag the play down or step in front of the defender so he wouldn't get hit so it only makes sense that he get it, right? Right??? RIGHT?!?!?
    1 people high five this.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,891
    Brady deserved it and if comeback does not mean from injury what else would it mean?

Almost everybody who wins this award came back from an injury the previous year.

I guess if a player significantly improved his performance and helped his team win more games qualifies which is what Favre did.

I did think Vince deserved more votes.
  8. Coov Rookie

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $67
    Brady showed up during the voting, pointed at the ballot, and gave his "alright" fist motion to ensure his victory.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.