Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

McNabb just hasn't been the same since the Strahan cheap shot during the pizza delivery.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

the only route we are taking is a safe route just so fisher can get an extention there is no way we take a chance on quinn or smith unless we draft a qb in the 1st.that way we start them and if they blow it up fisher is god if not we start our rookie.but i think we all know kerry collins is gunna be our starter come week 1........i sure hope not even though i think he is better than most available right not.im just so tired of seeing him play im ready to see something new and not predictable at the qb position(unless we are predicting a solid game)

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Orton is on a major losing streak. Trends are downward.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The trend for you as a poster is down, way down.

In 2005 and 2006 Steve Mcnair had almost identical stats right down to a yard. In 2005 his team was 4-12 but in 2006 his team went 13-3. Was Mcnair really a better QB in 2006 or was it, duh the team he had around him?

There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that Kyle Orton played poorly this year. Nothing! His passing rating, his consistency, his Td to int ratio. He is better than Kerry Collins or Matt hasselbeck and he is light years better than Brady Quinn. He is our best option right now especially if we can get him for no more than our 3rd rd pick.

I have broken down his numbers, his age and experience. Where is there an experienced QB who is still young who has those kind of numbers? Where are they?

5. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Well, if you look at it... Orton only has a + 5,4 QB rating than Alex Smith... and Smith is two years younger. Also, Smith has a higher completions percentage.

Not saying Smith is better than Orton, but he is a free agent while the titans will surely loose a draft pick to bring Orton.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I like the idea of bringing Quinn to compete. He didn't do much at Cleveland but who has? I think it would be a great value acquisition.

He had a finger and a foot injury that sidelined him a bit and he had to deal with "Man-genius". I remember he looked decent in win against the Steelers in 09.

I think there is definitely more tread on Quinn's tires than on "snortin Orton"'s.

7. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

Yea, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. Bring him in lets see what he has, then draft like Ponder in the 3rd or 4th and let them compete

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Orton is only a year or so older than Quinn and still a young QB. Orton has played well and has a track record. Quinn sucks and has never done anything.

Way too much is made over QB wins and losses. As Tide pointed out even with McNair at QB the Titans have had bad seasons. How about 2001. Was McNair a loser that year? It is a team game. Orton made a superstar out of Brandon Loyd. Had he not been pulled as the starter he would have been close to 4000 yards. Britt could be a 1500 yards WR with this guy (Loyd had over 1400).

IMO put Orton on the Titans and the weapons we have and the offense shines. He is the best guy available and worth a 2nd round pick IMO.

9. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

IDK he sucked as a Bear and in Denver all they did is throw the ball. They had no running game... I don't like Orton at all... I'd rather have McNabb

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Honestly, I think Quinn is a better character guy than Orton. His party issues and his comments about us being a "dirty" team raised a flag for me that this guy is a self-indulgent whiner. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him come here, I just think Quinn would be a more complete package 3 years from now. I understand Fisher has to win next year and I do believe that we could win faster with Orton, I just don't feel he is the best answer for the mid and long term health of the franchise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar