Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McNabb isn't any better if as good as Collins right now. Collins is willing to come in as a back up and has been a decent mentor. If he has to start, when healthy, with a surrounding cast can win games for us.

Leinart still has some potential IMO. His career is not much different than Young in that he hasn't grasped he needs to work hard. I like giving him a chance over Quinn.

Kolb or Orton might not be Brady or Manning but either could at least solidify the QB spot for a few years and both have had success. Either is worth a 2nd rounder and can step in and start on day one. Way too much is made of Young's winning record. Orton actually won more games when he was with with the Bears. Nobody in their right mind would call him a better QB then than he is now.

No matter who we bring in is not going to have success unless we shore up our defense. The running game will take care of itself when we get a QB who can keep the defense honest.

Also, if I remember right didn't Orton beat the Titans with Young playing at QB? If you want to say Orton is a loser one team he beat was the Titans with Young. What happended there?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I want McNabb on a 2 year deal with an option to bring him back for a 3rd. I know he's looked sloppy and slobby in Washington this year and wasn't all that great last year in Philly but he is the most qualified to come in and lead this team. He's been put on blast for being out of shape and I have to think that will motivate him to get back to his beastly ways.

I'll take him over Hasselbeck and Quinn all day. Orton might be younger but I think he'd take too much to get.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Quinn. I think he'd be worth a shot. He should be cheap at this point.

McNabb has a rapidly deteriorating skillset and is always in the middle of drama. If you want an injury prone drama queen, VY has tons more upside than McNabb.

Haselbeck makes VY seem like Cal Ripken.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I don't think anyone is wanting to bring in Quinn as a starter. I'd be perfectly fine with him as a back-up though. Bring in McNabb, Hasselbeck, or Orton with Quinn as the back-up. Personally I want no part of Mallett unless he slides to round 2. He has too many questions to use the #8 overall pick on.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Im not going to sit here and say quinn doesnt have talent. He's in the NFL, he clearly does... Like another poster said.. bring in him in training camp and let him earn a roster spot. Quinn is an upgrade over Rusty or Chris Simms

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about Quinn, but gotta disagree about McNabb being a drama queen. He handled the situation in Washington with class. He stood up after the game and went to the presser, said basically that although he didn't agree with the decisions that Shannahan was the head coach. The only drama he had in Philly was with TO. In 2008 he was benched by Reid for Kolb against the Ravens, but never made a big deal about it and was the starter the rest of the year, and responded well with a 9/1 TD:INT ratio in the 5 games following the benching. We can question his deteriorating skill set all day, I agree, but he is one of the classiest QBs in the NFL. If VY had handled himself the way McNabb does he would still be our QB.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Well said....

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Classy or not, drama has always followed him. Shanahan this year, getting benched last year, TO, the Super Bowl drive, Rush, complaining that he didn't get the same contract because he was black, etc, etc.

I just think McNabb would be a step backwards.

9. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

If you are going after Brady Quinn why not Alex Smith?? Same age but with far more games on his belt...

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

McNabb with CJ and Britt will show shades of the Eagles superbowl McNabb - Westbrook- Owens offensive squad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar