Brady essentially says we are low class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans13, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans13

titans13 Guest

Brady, regarding the Rodney Harrison injury and subsequent play:

"You keep your poise and try to let your play do the talking. I think sometimes we stooped down to the level we're playing against. We've got to find ways to overcome that type of play."

From http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715617

2 things...

a. Brady has been in a very talented, class organization since he has been in the league. A few times this season, including today, when encountering adversity, the Pats have emotional meltdowns in the form of Brady yelling at his teammates on the sidelines and 15-yard personal fouls on one drive alone. We are seeing the beginning of the end of the Pats...but it may take a few years.

b. The conflagration of events today can be a positive for the Titans...if they choose to look at it as proof that the only party that truly controls a team's destiny is...that team. It is the coach's job to instill that.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Brady can b*tch and moan all he wants about the Harrison BLOCK but when it comes down to it there is no reason in the 3rd to be playing your starting D when you know they will be playing the next week in a do or die. The coaches were dumb to have him in in the first place. This is football not ring around the rosy; point figures at the ones who deserve it you pre-Madonna YOUR COACHES!

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

By all accounts, Bobby Wade's block on Harrison was indeed clean. Jeff Fisher is the freaking Co-Chairman of the Competition Committee, i'm pretty sure he knows if it was legal or not, and he says it was, so i'll take his word for it. IMO low class is letting a 43 year old quarterback come in and throw for a touchdown when the game is clearly in hand.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

To add to that the Pats have become arrogant. They were once a team to watch in the AFC because they played solid D and made sure not to give up the big play. They have become way to full of themselves this season. The Sea thing was ridiculous. Passing late in the 4th against Minnesota was just arrogant. When they lose in the 1st round because they think they are better then the other team I hope Brady's chest isn't sticking out to much so he can point at the other team for excuses.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

we didn't have any business in the playoffs anyhow.

it's best that Vince Young stews on this all off season.

Be honest with yourselves... on the whole the Patriots are all around a better team. Let's not let our emotion take anything away from them. It is bitter coincidence/irony that it was the Pats who eliminated us from the playoffs in 2003.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I seriously think that if we somehow got to the second round of the playoffs against San Diego, LT might have set some sort of record.

7. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I know I wouldn't have wanted to go into the playoffs with a defense playing like ours did yesterday. We would have been one and done playing against most of the teams in the playoffs.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well said, BiP, but I disagree with one thing: It was a 3rd and 23 that eliminated us in 2003.

That may have been Bennett's costliest drop ever...but I have always maintained that that was a horrible situation to get into in the first place.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

Amen to that

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yup, but instead he'll set that record against the Colts... if they can make it that far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar