Bradford to enter NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Eddyc85, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again. Our two main needs (QB/DL) are arguably the weakest positions in this draft when it comes to elite guys.

Most places I've looked at have Locker, Clausen, and Mallett as the only draft eligible guys that are for sure worthy of a top-10 pick. Bradford is on the outside looking in, and a lot of people aren't sold on him yet. A lot of signs are pointing towards Clausen being the only one of the 'big 3' declaring. So that leaves us trying to get him...probably having to move up to do it. Or sitting back and waiting to see what people think of Bradford.

DL, mainly DE, is just terrible this year. Carlos Dunlap is vastly overrated at this point. Brandon Graham is solid but not worth a top-10 pick...same with Derrick Morgan. There are just no elite pass-rushers this year. None. Then you have Suh and McCoy at DT...a position that is actually pretty solid...and one that we spent a day 1 pick on last year.

Let's say we're sitting at #5. Clausen, Bradford and Suh are gone. Locker nor Mallett declared. Berry is still on the board. What do we do? Reach for a DE? Draft a true CB like Haden, Arenas, or Lindley over Berry? Take a LB?

In a situation where our main needs are gone, Berry makes more sense than some of you would like to admit.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Were sitting at #5? Uhh we have 0 wins, were probably going to be sitting at #1.

I happen to disagree with you as far as defensive lineman and Bradford being overrated. I think your trying to find some reason for wanting Berry. Look, it's fine to like the guy but understand that drafting him would make zero sense.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

And there are 10 games left. We are too talented to be the worst team in the NFL, and I think we end up in the #4-#7 range. If that happens then there's a shot that we aren't in a position to land a top QB......that's been half my point the whole time.

The other half of my point is the defensive front 7 in this draft is going to be very very deep, but at the same time, not many elite guys. The last thing we need to do is reach for a guy just because he's a position of need....that's what the Raiders do.

As for Berry, I'm just being realistic. The simple truth is that if scouts think he can play CB in the NFL, then he becomes a player at a position of need and he's the #1 prospect at the position. Period. Vols homers have nothing to do with it. CB is just as much a need - if not more - as DT...but it's somehow justified to want Suh.

If scouts think he can't play corner and is a pure safety, then I'll be the first to admit that I don't want him.

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Brother, I'd be pumped if Ryan Leaf suited up and won us some games. I don't care who it is I wanna win.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I just don't see many wins where we would be in the 4-7 range. Maybe the Bills, maybe the Rams, and maybe we surprise a team but that's about it. I think were going to be in a position to take probably any QB in the draft. As for Berry, I wouldn't want to spend such a high pick at a guy who COULD play corner. It's not his true position and you want to risk such a high pick on a guy who wont even be playing his true position? Makes no sense to me. Griffin couldn't be a corner, it's much too risky to take a guy so high and switch his position.

I'd honestly wish all the people who want Berry would just say "I only want him because I'm a Tennessee homer and I'm trying to come up with every reason I can to justify drafting him."

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on everything you say besides the fact that we need a QB from here on out. You're going to continue to dislike Berry in spite of his abilities and I'm going to continue to want good players. Nothing is going to change.

There is no difference in the people wanting Suh and the people wanting Berry. Both are the top prospects in the draft...and both are at positions that we don't necessarily need. But like I said, it's somehow ok to want Suh and not ok to want Berry. Someone figure that one out for me.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lets assume Vince does well enough to get us a handful of wins of more. Do you guys still feel the need to go QB twice in 4 years? The Titans under Fisher don't need a great QB, just someone who doesn't give the game away. Bradford would rote in Nashville, but would be my choice for QB if Vince doesn't show up. I hate the pick in Marks last April, he's crap and everyone knows it. Go get Suh.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't dislike Berry I just dislike using probably a top 3 pick on a safety who might be able to play corner. That makes no sense at all. Especially when your #1 need is QB and #2 and #3 need are defensive linemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar