Boycotting Concerts and Music Festivals

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

One of things i wanted to get from this thread was comments on the elasticity of entertainment services in relations to middle class disposable income. When you think about it... The same thing is happening in football... Staying at home and getting your entertainment fix is a much better value in the long run. The beer is cheaper, you dont have to drink and drive or find a DD. Chances are, if you are drinking, everyone else in your group will want to drink. No crowds, no high stadium prices on goods, you get surround sound digital quality and you aren't confined to a small stadium seat or standing room only. The mosh pits were fun when I was like 16... Now a days, I don't wanna get punched or have to punch someone in the face! :p How many times do you see people carted out on stretchers at concerts... Seeing it barely shocks anyone anymore since it is so common.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Some people just like to party like that.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That Depends on which concert you're going to. I doubt Michael Buble concerts have to take many people off on a stretcher.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

idk, probably lots of suicides at those.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I am a fan of the finer cheeses from around our fair country, and yes, even Canada and Mexico. I will pay quite the premium to partake of these delectable dairy products.

Many a night, I will sit in my La-Z-Boy recliner with my faithful canine Hector by my side. As we watch Vanna spin the letters to reveal the secret word or phrase, I will nibble, as if a field mouse, on a fine smoked cheddar from Badger country, or its surrounding areas. On particularly daring evenings, I will follow that up with some "cheese" from south of the border, or, as they so quaintly call it, "queso."

As you can see, this endeavor not only overwhelms my palate, but also expands my mind. Remember kids, knowledge is power.

I think that those of you with your wits about you will agree, this hobby is certainly worthy of my my hard earned coin.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!' - George Costanza

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Eternal

I want to read more about you eating cheese, please. You really have me drawn in.

p.s. mexican cheese #1

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

While I would certainly love to oblige, I'm afraid poor Hector has tripped on a poorly placed stack of Cheese Fondue Weekly magazines that I have been collecting since the early 1970s. He appears to have been hobbled.

My carpentry skills are, alas, somewhat lacking and I have been unable to fashion a shelf for the proper placement of those aforementioned periodicals. This will, no doubt, certainly hasten that project.

So, without so much as a ponder, you can very well imagine we are having quite a turbulent morning here in this quaint apartment we call home.

Mother will be here forthwith to drive us to the veterinary clinic. Perhaps, if all goes well with my currently crippled pooch, I will be able to share more with all of you about my passion for all things fromage.

Until then, godspeed and fare-thee-well!

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. Titans Eternal

Our prayers and sacrificed children are with you, dear sweet mother and said crippled pet. You have a solid and caring support group here anytime you need us, Broken Record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar