Boxing: Calzaghe vs. Kessler

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Smash, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Got 150 on Kessler in the 10th...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yikes. Next time you want to give some money away, come find me. lol

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I have a line of over 800 going with my bookie, and I re-couped around 60 on the Marquez-Diaz fight, so I'm straight.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I shall never bet against Calzaghe again. He truly is a special fighter, and showed tremendous pacing, handspeed, and toughness. Who knew he had such a rock-solid chin. Kessler didn't really do anything wrong IMO, he simply was outworked by a better fighter. But it was a great fight to lose 90 bucks on.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, I figured Calz would cruise the entire fight, and he basically had it done with by the 7th and put it in cruise control. He's extremely smooth, but sometimes slacks off.
    Same way it'll be with Floyd vs Ricky Fatton. You going to take Ricky in that one? lol let me know if you are. And Marquez-Diaz? Or Marquez, Juarez? Juan Manuel Marquez is my 3rd fave behind Floyd and Joshua Cottey. Well, I suppose I've gotta soft spot for Pacquiao too, but if he's fighting Marquez, he's going to get blasted soon!

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah I meant Juarez (I was watching Diaz's last fight as I took it). I'll never bet on Ricky Hatton because I hate him as a fighter. The man is gonna be the John Ruiz of the new century with his grapple techniques. I hate watching him and will not be order that pay-per-view.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Calfaggy sucks!

Maybe i have been watching boxing a little longer than most of you but when a white guy from wales takes on another white guy from denmark the results rarely matter. What is this tony sibson vs davey boy green?

Calfaggy is 36 years old and still has not fought anyone. He's too much a p***y to fight anyone. For years he held on to this non title the WBO in a weight class nobody has ever cared about. The WBO is not a title! Below him and above him in weight 2 of the biggest stars in boxing yet he made no attempt to fight either. Hell he was too chicken s**t to fight antonio tarver or jermain taylor. Winky wright would probably make the guy crap his pants in fear. Sitting there hiding hoping he can make millions without having to fight anyone worth a crap. Fighting 2nd tier american fighters and a whole lineup of mediocre crap from europe. Wins over jeff lacy and a contender runner up are considered big time accomplishments for this bum.

Then the alleged super fight with the legendary kessler. The last time i saw a dane fight was when pipino cuevas took on a danish european champ in a welterweight fight around 1980. Cuevas walked across the ring and half threw a left hook and the dane was done.

Calfaggy over kessler to me is just one bum beating another.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A lot of good & sometimes great fighters have opponents on their record that you can look back at & say who has he fought?

Most of Calzaghe's who are they guys were mandatory defenses.

He has been wanting to fight Hopkins & Jones Jnr for years but money & promoter politics have always got in the way.

You surprise me RollTide.You of all people know that you can't judge someone based solely on their stats sheet.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I knew my friend childress would respond to my diatribe. :grrhee:

If this guy really wanted to fight roy jones all he had to do was move up in weight a mere 7 pounds and start beating every light heavyweight he could find. Leonard and hearns moved up 13lbs(almost a stone!) to fight hagler at middleweight and duran moved up 23lbs from his oriiginal weight. De la hoya and trinidad moved up to fight hopkins. Please don't tell me that calzage couldn't make the sacrifice of moving up to a weight class 4% higher to fight the best fighter in the world and make millions of dollars. Something is wrong there.

Nine years went by from 1997 when calzage beat ewbanks to 2006 when he beat lacy in 2008. During those prime years when calzage was 25 to 34 years old he held a title that is not even recognized by the international boxing hall of fame as a real world title. He fought nobody during that time.

In the last decade we have had no trouble seeing great fighters and good fighters in the ring against each other. Trinidad-de la hoya-hopkins, pacquiao-morales-barerra. Certainly calzage had no problem getting kessler in the ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar