Bottom Line - Special Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Let's face it, our Special Teams are Abysmal! Even with MM8's ridiculous INT, I think the Titans were able to overcome that blunder but couldn't overcome Fuller's return for a TD. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't even know who our ST coach is, but whoever he is, he needs to be fired.

Fish Face held on to Alan Lowry (who is now coaching at Ravenwood H.S.) for years even with horrible ST play. I think Pacman saved Lowry's job but the years without Pacman were awful.

I don't understand the lack of concern from this organization about special teams. Send a message, fire the ST coach and maybe light a fire under some people.

Obviously, I would prefer that most of the coaching staff be shown the door, but I don't see that happening so let's start with firing the ST coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The whole play where Fuller scored on the punt was just abysmal. Punting to him in the first place. Line drive punt and no coverage at all.

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I totally agree! Why on earth would we punt right to Fuller? Unbelievable!

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

our offense had plenty of opportunities to score after that. Quit making excuses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Not making excuses, just pointing out a fact that there isn't enough emphasis put on special teams play or lack thereof

6. TitansWillWin2

Or qb play or lack thereof. He has the worst qbr in the league of all starting QBs

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Real question

when is the last time we had a punt or kickoff return for a TD?

music city miracle? **** sakes

8. TitansWillWin2

tommie campbell? Not gonna happen anytime soon with Mariani

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The worst part is expecting big, slow white guys to even try to catch him. Put some DB's out there that can at least run. We even had Fowler out there. Notice that next time our two "gunners" were right in his face, but that doesn't excuse giving up a TD.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Totally agree with you, other teams seem to draft someone that excels at PR/KR. We are mediocre, I wasn't expecting 2010 from Mariani but it's been disappointing so far. As far as tackling/coverage I thought that's why we kept guys like Curtis Riley etc?
    ST coach is Bobby April btw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar