Bosa Time

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jevoncurse, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

he didn't look at him, he pushed Joey just a fraction so the RT could funnel him around the back of the pocket.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not gonna argue about any one play, you provided what 4 examples of when he was doubled? Out of what 30-40 plays? Thats nothing considering he was always being doubled like Todd McShay says.. And that game wasnt even vs good competition, he should have ravaged those guys but he barely made 4 impact plays...

Ill say this and we'll be done with it, Bosa beats his man nearly every play, but he does not make all that many plays.. I simply want a guy at No.1 who influences a game a bit more than 4 times a game..

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I called out 4 plays in like a span 2.5 mins. (Several being instant replay plays)

Didn't even watch the last 5minutes

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I think we'll be stuck with it. Reason being is that neither Goff nor Lynch are true No.1 overall caliber QB's. Both will probably require some time playing behind a veteran. I also think Dallas and SF will pass on a QB in the 1st Rd.

Why? Cause Dallas is really just in the market for a solid backup to Romo, who can win games. I suspect they will try to bring in Manziel or RGIII in that role, and go defense at No.4. Probably Buckner if Bosa is off the board.

SF just hire Chip Kelly, so that changes things dramatically. Conventional wisdom has him trying to salvage Kaepernick's career and his scheme would seem to be the perfect fit to do it.

While this draft is deep at DE, I really think we have to take Bosa. The guy is just a special player. He'd be our version of JJ Watt. Paired with Orakpo and Morgan rotating in, we'd finally have an enviable pass rush...not just a decent one. Having to play Andrew Luck twice a year, a fierce pass rush is a necessity. He's great against the run as well. Just think he would elevate the whole defense.

If I were a Jacksonville, Texans or Colts fan, I'd be thinking " Oh, Crap!"

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Do you really see JJ Watt making more than 4-5 impact plays a game? No, you don't. Many good DE's go entire games without being heard of. Just the nature of the bid'ness. It's why quality OT's are in such high demand. They shut good DE's down like a shut down corner stymies the production of an opponents best WR.

I remember a few years ago, when UT's vaunted LT, Tiny Richardson, went up against South Carolina's Clowney...and practically shut him down all game long. Clowney made maybe 2-3 impact plays the whole game, if that. But against average OT's he has monster games. Bosa will probably be JJ Watt 2.0, and we should be pretty happy with that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Bosa is a beast in run D, you really can't run sweeps around this kid. Knows his assignment. Regularly eats double teams-- if he is not doubled they run the opposite way. I think he could play 3-4 DE, OLB or 4-3 DE all effectively... although his best is probably 4-3 DE. Great technique with his hands and feet. Lacks a bit of explosiveness on the pass rush, but might be more of a scheme thing.

I'd love to have him, even if its a little awkward with Morgan + Orakpo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't think it will be that awkward. Our defense suffered mightily after Morgan got injured. We have no depth at that position. Look at the Texans. They have Watt, Clowney and Mercilus. That's 3 first rounders. If we drafted Bosa, that would give us 3 first round DE's, too.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I have a strong feeling that but the end of this draft process we're gonna have some legitimate action to trade out of #1. Whether or not that happens who knows, but I just feel there are too many QB needy teams just below the Brownies. Either way if we end up with Bosa I'm gonna be more than happy.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm leaning towards agreeing with Bravey.

Bosa looks like a stack and shed DE to me. I've watched two games thus far and he has yet to beat a tackle with speed. It's all full arm extension and pull down or bull rush. He's great against the run. I don't think he plays hard all of the time. I'd like to see him try to chase plays down from behind. I just watched him jog after a screen pass to his side of the field against Indiana.

Like I said, I'm only two games in and I haven't watched anything from 2014, but I'm not sold yet. He looks like what we already have at OLB/Edge Rusher.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

The best comparison for Bosa is Jared Allen, not sure why people think he's the next J.J. Watt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar