Boom!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

2. steverife

steverife Starter

Don't really care, but I think it is somewhat interesting that Brees never really got blasted for not signing like a lot of guys do...
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

At this point, I think everyone understands that franchised players don't sign their tenders until the mid-summer at the earliest (Michael Griffin being the weird exception). They have to keep that leverage.

The criticism usually only starts when camp begins and the player isn't there.
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

Usually at the point where a player expresses dissatification at the opportunity to make tens of millions of dollars to play a game, people turn on them.

...and Drew Brees has been saying some stupid crap about the whole bounty stuff, too.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The media is biased. We're all biased to some degree. The media loves Drew Brees.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I think its different for quarterbacks. I cannot remember the last time some so important to their team was tagged and not already had signed to a nice contract.
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I think the Saints are DIRTY!! DIRTY!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTY!!!!!!

but not as dirty as Sandusky/PennState...
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Since Brees is gonna be their starting QB and Offensive Coordinator/Head Coach then I think the Saints will get their money's worth. It's hard to say anything bad about Brees because he's so good and also seems like a stand up dude.
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Good signing.
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

I certainly have no problem with him getting this money... the problem is, who is he going to complete all these passes to? Who is going to block for him, and run the ball? Who is going to play defense?

Hard to build a team with that much $ tied up in one guy.