Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really need to proof read my stuff before I post.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm going to give it another shot this weekend.

I've just read that the studio is sweating because it's cost them $205 million to make & market the Golden Compass compared to $281 million it cost them to make all three LOTR films.

This religious backlash is panicking them because the Dark Materials doesn't have an anywhere near as large ready made audience as LOTR. If the 1st movie tanks the other parts of the trilogy won't get made.

Negative press is hurting it right now which is a crying shame.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

War and Peace - boy Tolstoy can talk.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

One of the rumors I heard was that the book is about a girl who wants to find God so she can kill him. I don't know what the books are about, but can someone who does blow that off as laughable for me?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ I believe it is true. I don't know if it is God as in the God worshiped here or a God depicted in the story.

Pullman is an atheist from what I hear.

Regardless it is fiction.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm a big fan of James Lee Burke's "Robicheaux" character. Burke pens an excellent mystery that captures the esssence of backwater Louisiana and the hybridization of Cajun and Deep South traditions.

[​IMG]

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Been a long time since I read any fiction. Just finished reading the Hitler dossier prepared for Josef Stalin a while back though, fascinating (and scary) stuff. I don't know the English title, but it's by historians Henrik Eberle and Mathias Uhl.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't know since I haven't read it, but I'd find it hard to believe a movie like this would be made about killing the "God", father of Jesus, whoever you want to call it. Sounds like a fictitious figurehead I guess.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've only read one Robicheaux book,'Black Cherry Blues & it was a long time ago. As I recall it had a Southern Marlowe type of feel to it. It was interesting but a little slow for my tastes.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hmm I'm looking forward to your MOW stint Vigsted,your an interesting guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar