Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I gave up on it part way through wizard & glass. It bored me to tears.

There was a long period between wizard & glass & the next book.When it finally came out I decided to give it another shot starting at book 1 again. I reached wizard & glass with a feeling of dread but hen I read it it seemed like a completely different book & I enjoyed it.

Go figure.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was in the same boat as you though. I couldn't really get into it at the start but persistence seems to have paid off.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I read alot, bout 1 book a week. Anything from fantasy to nonfiction military stuff.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you are a nerd? :brow:

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Video Games, Homeowner, Books, softball player, runner.....yeah pretty much a big nerd!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ever read any of Richard Marcenko's Rogue Warrior stuff ?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The movie is getting some backlash from religious groups because it is apparently anti-religious. Though I haven't come across anything like that yet.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/10/perspectives_does_the_golden_c.php

the humourous thing is the person writing the article hasn't seen the movie or read the book.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ignorance breeds lies.

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Thats because the books recieved a tidal wave of it when they were published. Understandable considering the writer was anti-organized religion ruling the world. Yet at the same time it was a very religious series.

10. The unabridged audiobook for Golden Compass is going for $9.95 on iTunes. I've never read it, so I bought it just this morning so I could listen to it before the movie comes out.
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/...d=268639653&id=28&s=143441&v0=US_adbks_112807

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar