Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dean Koontz ~ The Darkest Evening Of The Year

Not a bad little page turner. There's a lot going on but it's a well put together suspense thriller.

Koontz hasn't written a truly dark tale for a while now but he's still a very entertaining storyteller & this has some memorable characters. It's something of a homage to dogs as Koontz's dog Trixie recently passed away. It's not essential but if your a dog lover your enjoyment of this book will likely be enhanced compared to none 'dog' people.

7.5/10 :thumb: :thumb:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I did, but it is a book you will have to read twice to get a grasp on what is going on. It's like 3 totally unrelated stories going on at once.

3. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I loved house of leaves when i first read it. Looking back though, its kinda lost its amusment to me.

4. Sappersis

I just finished reading Smalls "world of hectar" series. Its crap. It was a romance writers bad attempt at being sci-fi ish. Whoever told me it was a good series spends too much time with Green Eggs and Ham.

Janet Evanovich's new Plum Lucky book is a QUICK (huge emphasis on quick, i was done with it in less than an hour) light read for anyone who wants a good laugh. She leans more towards female fans obviously, but its humorous none the less.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Since my last post on what I was reading

Shadow of a Dark Queen - 9/10
    Rise of a Merchant Prince - 7/10
    Rage of a Demon King - 9/10
    Shards of a Broken Crown - 8/10

Now I am reading The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum (Bourne books) which I am really enjoying.
    Cold War era about an American Spy and Russian Spy who are the best in the business and despise each other (Russian killed the Americans wife, American paid him back by killing his brother). They are forced to work together to find out about the Council of the Matarese - a shadow conspiracy of Assassins for control the world (essentially) - after both are considered 'traitors' by their own governments and essentially have a death mark on them.

So far it is really good and probably the best of his outside of the original Bourne books.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Just looked it up.

There are a lot of excerpts from the books on Amazon & the dialogue between characters looks painfully bad to read.

If you want to try a fantasy type series aimed at 'the ladies' read the Meredith Gentry series by Laurel K Hamilton. A girl friend recommended them to me & I was impressed even though they're not aimed at a male audience.They're not romance,more like pure filth.:))

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Glad you liked the 'Merchant Prince' Gunny. A few of my friends are Feist fans yet all but one were bored by that book. I think it's very clever & enjoyed it because it was different.

Less than 6 weeks until Wrath of a Mad God arrives. :grrhee:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You guys get Wrath of a Mad God first for some reason. I think we get it around the same time too (hopefully)

9. Sappersis

Painful doesn't even begin to cover it. I've read a couple of Small's romance. They have a lot of death and cruelty but they aren't bad. Her attempt at fantasy, though, left a foul taste in my mouth. The plot drags, the dialogue is atrosious, and she was repetitive!!!!!! I HATE THAT. If you can't come up with at least 3 words to describe an object then don't describe it over a thousand times. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm looking into grabbing another Michael Moorcock book or perhaps some more Will. Haven't read any plays for a while. Any fav's that are worth re-reading? Aside from the "Scottish" one... I've read that one to death.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've only read 3 of his plays.Of those I was most impressed with The Merchant of Venice. A good story in itself but with some very strong characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar