Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, they've already had 2 of them so far. They could bring back the guy who did it in Sum of All Fears.

Not sure if I can pick any particular actor to be the perfect John Clark, at least not off the top of my head.

2. Nostranut

Nostranut Guest

Looking for something different- try The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks,
    think Orwell's 1984 updated- Big Brother is watching and controlling via current
    technology, great read.
    Want Clancy without the mind numbing tecno details?
    Try a series by Joel C Rosenberg(read them in order)
    The Last Jihad
    The Last Days
    The Ezekiel Option
    Great reads

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I thought the interesting thing about the Da Vinci code was that the whole book seems to be about the search for truth, and yet, in the end, the main character tries to hide it. I thought was very interesting. It was like the movie contact. Where you have this one character believeing in truth or science, and other main character believing in faith. It was an interesting ending for that reason alone.

The female characters were also very strong. I thought they made the men look like dorks. Which fit in nicely with the the overall theme of the book. But drove me a little nuts.

What I didn't like was the improbability of each event. One thing after the other. Reminded of the movie national treasure. It just didn't feel plausible to me.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

While most people dont like Ben Affleck as an actor, I think he is pretty good (plus he gets all the chicks), and I think he did good in the Sum of all fears. I think they did the right thing when they used Ford as Ryan in the early movies and they would do well to try and use the same actor in these coming Clancy movies. It gives it a little bit of a story line you know?

EDIT - Doesnt this book focus more on Kelly than Ryan? Hmmm.. they need to get someone like Brad Pitt to play Kelly.

5. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I recently read the book by Bruce Feldman, 'Cane Mutiny: How the Miami Hurricanes Overturned the Football Establishment. It's a good book.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I read Revenge of the Sith during my GoTitans.com exile.

It was well written and it sums up the whole prequel nicely explaining some things that may (or most likely) was missed during the movies.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Angels and Demons is the next book I am about to begin reading. Written by Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code). Looks interesting.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man, I am hooked on the Harry Potter books.

Read the first two, and now on the third as well as buying the 4th one.

The movies dont do justice to them though.

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

How can you read a whole book. I can barley read the Newspaper and my ESPN magazines.

[Sarchasim is one of my favorite styles of talking. Although it is very hard to show it on a computer]

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Not just kiddie books are they? I've read all 6, looking forward to the last one.

And you're right, the movies could do many things better....but they also did make a few things better in the movies imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar