Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Robert Jordan is the guy's name. Looks like there's 12 books. I gotta get threw Harry Potter and Stephen King's Dark Tower before I can start any other long reading projects.

What is Flight of the Nighthawks about? Is it part of a series?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fantasy genre like Jordan (and Martin - he writes some other series).

It is by Raymond E Feist and it is the first book of his new series but all his books are connected. He is a real good writer - for anyone into that type of genre.

Has anyone read the Narnia series?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I haven't (yet), but my buddy says it's really good fwiw.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my g/f has read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, she loved it. I borrowed it off her but I won't be reading it for awhile yet.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am reading Cloak of Deception - it is a Star Wars book which is based just before Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

Also started writing a new attempt at a novel. :eek:

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am listening to all the Harry Potter Audio books while I do my 6 mile runs, and I dont see much difference from the movies.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's quite a bit of difference in the 3rd movie and book. There's things left out for sure.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Cool, I should be finishing up the second one today, and starting the third on 2marrow.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I havent read too much lately, getting a bit slack.

10. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Glad to see someone mention Clancy's Without Remorse, without a doubt one of my favorite books. And Gunny, nothing nerdy about reading 3 books, we read a lot in my house. Mrs. Madaboutmcnair probably reads 15-20 books a month. I'm not that strong, I read a lot but not on that level.

We love the Prey series by John Sandford, it's a cop mystery but very smart and violent too. There are probably a dozen of them, the first one is Rules of Prey. They are all great.

I also like the Dark Tower Series from King, Clancy's Jack Ryan stuff, and Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books (seems like City of Bones, Concrete Blonde, some others) those are cop books too. Based in LA Bosch is a homicide cop, he's pretty disfunctional but he's great at his job, just a real good charecter. I love the Vampire Chronicles (Anne Rice), her Lestat is just wonderful.
    I'm about to start a new Michael Connelly book but I forgot the name of it.
    If you're into classics, or WWII stuff, From here to Eternity (Author's last name is Jones) is fantastic, it's pretty old they mad a black and white movie out of it that stars a yound Frank Sinatra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar