Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I think that, at best, you could say that there are rare exceptions to this rule. Virtually all books are better than their movie counterparts (unless it's a book that was based on a movie).
  2. JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $113
    The Green Mile has been about the only movie i have seen that has followed the book and included most of the book. A very good read.
  3. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Field of Dreams was a much better movie than the book - "Shoeless Joe" on which it was based.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,355
    Is it true to the book though?

The Bourne Identity is probably better as a movie then a book but the The Bourne Identity and Supremacy are nothing like the books.
  4. smili Starter

Moolah:
    $422
    reading the controversial "The Bell Curve" - talks about the increasing stratification of society based on cognitive ability due to transformation to information society.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,355
    in english?
  5. Bobo Guest

Gunny I think it means that we're seeing more classes of people based on how they can cope with the evolving information age. Er something like that :lol:

And if you end up reading the Potter books, you'll find lots of stuff different than the movies (assuming you've seen them).
  6. Bobo Guest

Anyone read the "Wheel of Time" series? A friend gave me the 1st book a few years ago, The Eye of the World. It's a long book, and I think it's a very long series (10-15 books?). I guess it's LOTR type fantasy, and he said it was his favorite of that genre.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,355
    Yeah there are a few Wheel of Time books, are they by George R. R. Martin?

Never read them though.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,355
    Finished Flight of the Nighthawks last night, thought it was very good, just hate waiting for his next book.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.