Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If anyone saw the movie "Sphere", the book was a lot better imo.

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is good, but I haven't finished it yet (so don't blame me if the finale is terrible lol).

I mentioned the Harry Potter books in the movie thread, and I think they deserve another mention. May be considered the modern day LOTR?

I started writing a book once :geek: Kinda scary thriller. I swear, it sounds better than what you'd expect from me :lol: It's just not finished :hmm:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've written a book before, but didnt like it so never did anythin with it. I kinda lost interest towards the end so I just wrote at that stage and it probably didnt make sense compared with the beginning. Probably had a character name change. LOL.

I've had ideas for many others and I am trying a new one now just for fun.

I also finished Burning for Revenge, not a bad book. Consistent with the others in the series, but I am taking a break from the series now to read some others.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man i'm a nerd. I have read 3 books this year already.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Anyone read the Da Vinci Code? What did you think of it?

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Quality book but overhyped. Still, after you get past the first 30 pages, it gets really good.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought it was good, although I wasnt a fan of the ending.

It is over-hyped because there has been a big stink about it from the Churches about how religion is portayed in it.

7. I've never read his Op Center books. His Jack Ryan series was always great. Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Red Storm Rising, Clear and Present Danger, Red Rabbit, Sum of All Fears, Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, The Bear and the Dragon. Those are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a few I'm leaving out.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Spill some beans. What's it about?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

pfft it was about 2 years ago when i finished it. Can't remember much of it.

I remember it was a fantasy book, and it was about a guy who was found on a beach suffering amnesia and later on it turns out he is the son of the evil guy. Sounds gay but that is all I remember from it. I have it written down somewhere.

Right now I am working on a Sci-fi/Star Wars space type idea.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

The Dark Tower series was good, I starting reading the last one recently, but had to stop and take a break cause it was getting confusing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar