Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tell me via PM, I can't think of it then again I am one of the most forgetful people in the world....just call me Neville.

BTW I have never hated a character more in a story then the one who uses Avada Kedavra at the end.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

After seeing x-men 3, i realise Ian McKellen would make a great Dumbledore. The current one sucks IMO.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sucks? I really like the current one. More lively than the 1st. Maybe a little more lively than the book version.

McKellen will always be Gandalf. How can he be both? That's just kookoo Gunny.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think that is the problem. In the 4th movie he went up and shook Harry about his name in the Goblet of Fire, by reading the books you can tell he wouldn't do that too any student.

He seems 'too' lively in my opinion, doesnt give that sense of calm that Richard Harris had as Dumbledore who talked like nothing was ever wrong.

5. I wonder how much of the difference is the actor and how much is the director. Chris Columbus only directed the first 2, the ones with Harris as Dumbledore.

I definitely liked Harris' Dumbledore more, but I do think Gambon's Dumbledore is pretty good.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's too energetic for my tastes.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought Harris was much better. He captured that sense of radiating calm so much better.

It's true that RAB is left a mystery, but a lot of people have made fairly educated guesses, and if the most obvious one is right, then it'll be interesting to see how it ties together. However, I just meant we know what Harry's goals and plans are for the next book.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Harry's goals and plans are clear, along with his friends.

But Malfoy's aren't certain
    The one who used Avada Kedavra I still don't think is certain.
    RAB is not clear, though it seems obvious.

I suspect JK Rowling will pull out something instead of what would obviously happen (ie. Harry killing Voldemort)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you all should check out my autobiography

[​IMG] \

:brow:

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My sister read me that book when I was about 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar