Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Harris was the perfect Dumbledore...

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Uh, his name was Ray Robinson, his nickname was Sugar. Dunno what else to tell you. :ha:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's a shame he died, there was something cool about his voice.

The Dumbledore in Azkaban seems too jovial and energetic. I got the impression that he was laid back and talked when needed from the books.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I like the new Dumblerdore better. He's got more energy and personality. Does even better in the 4th movie I think. There's quite a few things about the 3rd movie that was a step in the right direction, but the 4th wasn't quite as good to me. Guess it could be that they change directors every movie.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They also seemed to have made a major age jump from 2nd to 3rd.

Harry Potter is gonna be about 25 by the time they make the 7th movie.

I liked the 3rd one how it became more darker then the previous two, I hope that continues.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finished the movie, pretty good.

Now starting Goblet of Fire.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I really should check out the Harry Potter books. I still enjoy reading Alice in Wonderland once in a while. It’s a great creepy "kid's book", so perhaps I'll enjoy the Potter stuff too. It is a drag that I've got the images of the actors' faces so engrained that I'll no doubt be picturing them when and if I read the books.

KZ how was Pound for Bound? I've had it in my hands a few times but I've always been too cheap to pick it up. I read his autobiography "I Never Had it Made" back when I was in school. In retrospect it feels like I learned more reading that book than I did that entire year in class. Donn Rogosin's "Invisible Men" is another great book about baseball's colour barrier. Beyond the racial stuff (which is of course hugely significant), it's just cool to hear about all of the great players, managers and other assorted characters from the Negro Leagues whose exploits otherwise seem lost in time.

Oh and yeah, right now I'm reading "The Flounder" by Gunter Grass... and it's proving to be a bit much for my tiny brain.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm liking it right now, if you can find it at your local library, most definately pick it up. Robinson was a very interesting guy, and his rival with LaMotta is probably my favorite rivalry ever in boxing.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm liking it right now, if you can find it at your local library, most definately pick it up. Robinson was a very interesting guy, and his rival with LaMotta is probably my favorite rivalry ever in boxing.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah but there was also Sugar Ray Lenard.

Just curious why Sugar? Why not Pepper, Salt, Cinnamon etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar