Book Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Seemed to be some interest so I thought I would start a thread on it.

Talk about any book, famous, infamous, unknown. One your reading etc.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One of my favs: "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry.

For an enjoyable book you wouldn't think would be, try anything written by Jimmy Buffett.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

right now I am reading book 5 of the tomorrow series written by Aussie John Marsden.

It is about these teenagers who went camping in a place called 'Hell' which is a secluded area no one really knows about except them, whilst camping Australia is invaded (*******s) and everyone in their town is captured except the teenagers and throughout the 5 books so far (out of 7) they are fighting for survival whilst trying to 'cripple' the invaders.

I also hired Raymond E Feist new book 'Flight of the Nighthawks', he is one of my favourite current fantasy authors and have read every book he has written.

4. Book??? What's that? Isn't that kinda like a movie or TV show that has been written on paper? :ha:

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Try anything by WEB Griffin if you like WWII books. Also has a good series called Badge of Honor(Police).

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Black Boy - Richard Wright (Top 10 book ever by my favorite author).

Native Son - Richard Wright (Favorite book ever)

Autobiography Of Malcom X - Alex Haley as told by Malcom X (A facinating book if not inspirtational)

Blindness - Jose Saramago (Nobel Prize for Literature winner. Reading it right now; creative delivery/style and a great great read thus far).

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like Terry Brooks, his Sword of Shannarah series. Kinda along the lines of Lord of the Ring. I also like David Balluchi books, they have made a few movies off of them as well.

Band of Brothers by Stephan Ambrose is a classic too.

8. I've always liked Tom Clancy thrillers.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have read a few Tom Clancy books.

Rainbow Six and 4 or 5 from his Op-Center series. Got another one called 'Call to Treason', another Op-center one.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I been meaning to read Autobiography of Malcolm X, but I could never find it down here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar