Booing Cj really?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It's only a matter of time until Johnson get going..... that's a fact ( I hope).

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nice logical post from a big CJ fan. High-five to you sir. I agree with your last two paragraphs 100%.

EXACTLY! I just don't get that mentality from supposed Titan fans. This isn't baseball or basketball, in the NFL every game is extremely important. Particularly in a wide open division like ours. Sure CJ deserved a new contract. I don't think anybody is trying to deny that. BUT he didn't have to hold out as long as he did.

Reinfeldt publicly said they would make CJ the highest paid RB in the NFL if he'd just show up to camp. CJ, in spoiled baby fashion, refused. All he had to do was hop on a plane, come to camp and collect his money. The jock-riders can try to spin it all they want. But the bottom line is CJ could've shown up in time to actually, ya know, prepare for the season AND got the same exact contract he ended up with anyway. I won't say we definitely would be 2-0 if he had come to camp. But there's no denying we would've had a much, MUCH better chance at it if he had been game ready. So yeah, if we end up missing the playoffs by one game it could certainly be argued that CJ is to blame.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so that explains it. you must be CJ's agent because thats the only way you would know that.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

On the flip side, the front office could've been a lot more prepared when league activities began.

Can't fully blame CJ considering the Titans history with players.

I give blame equally 50/50 in the deal and the real losers were us, the fans.

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

They don't help out their passing game the same way CJ does tough, they see those fronts and they can't throw the ball. So far for the first 2 weeks we have been able to do that. Needless to say they don't have the passing game we do. Our offense isn't always stagnent because of it, the box being loaded up helps us regardless of how CJ performs.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can certainly see where you're coming from. But from my perspective I think the side asking the other for 30+ million dollars should be the side that's expected to make the most concessions. I fully understand the Titans reputation in these type of matters. But at the end of the day asking CJ to simply show up at camp to collect his check wasn't out of line by any stretch of the imagination. But that wasn't good enough for CJ so he refused. And now the team's paying for it. That's why I'm so turned off with him right now. I'm not pissed that he got paid. I'm not even pissed he held out. I'm pissed at the way he conducted himself through the holdout (e.g. ridiculous demands, "fake fans", unwillingness to meet the front office half-way). Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is like the 10th time I've said this spiel so I'll stop now. :ha:

You're right though.... the fans are the biggest losers in this mess.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only real reason I sympathize with CJ is that the Titans flat out told him last year that if he was productive he'd get a big raise before this season.

I'm sure if CJ blew his ACL the first day of training camp then he'd be SOL.

But if the Titans don't want a player to get injured or even risk it because it could hurt trade value, then they'll go as far as illegally locking a player out of the practice facility (McNair).

It's not a very nice double standard.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

again with the Buss Cook orchrasted charade that was McMVP showing up in the offseason too workout.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Loving those 9 man fronts....

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lets get real, no team has run 9 man fronts on us the entire two games we have played:sad2:

It might explain some of the big plays we saw last week, but professional teams adjust and learn to back off those safeties. This is getting unreal....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar