Booing Cj really?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aytQJzdhILM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    found the real Li'l Hitler

good stuff

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No, it isn't. That actually a ridiculous thing to say.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with Cruds

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I really wish fans could forget about the holdout. He was just in his demands, the FO were just in their demands. It's business. Both sides lost out in the long run. Let's figure out how to make it work in the future.

With that said, CJ can improve his play. I don't really consider it an effort issue, moreso a reading issue. He's missing cutbacks and opportunities to pick up more yards. That's likely due to his late arrival and lack of practice and understanding of the offense.

Regardless of CJ's yards, I think he can be an effective back in the league. If we get a solid change of pace back (maybe Ringer or Harper become that), then we have our RB tandem. I really feel you need 2 RB's in this league anyway. I don't think CJ will ever sniff a 2k yard season again, but that doesn't mean he can't be just as valuable too this team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Actually it is. I believe it was like around week 2 of the preseason (maybe earlier, memory's foggy) when the Titans announced he would be the highest paid RB in the league if he would just simply come to camp. You don't announce something like that to the media if you're not going to back it up. That would make the organization look terrible. If you look at his contract he got exactly that. DeAngelo's Williams is the second highest paid, CJ's contract is just a smidgen higher than his. P.S. DeAngelo William's contract is also too high.

Problem was CJ said he didn't want to be the highest paid running back, but one of the highest paid playmaker, and this is where most fans have beef. RBs don't last very long in the league, they're extremely injury prone, and let's face it, CJ wasn't even the top RB in the league last year. He was #4 in rushing yards, and I think a bit lower in TDs and YPC.

You know what I honestely think happened. I think he was gonna demand a trade because the Titans weren't going above that number, and then found out nobody else was gonna go over that number.

Botom Line: Had he reported to camp when the titans made that statement he would've wound up with the exact same contract he got less than a week before opening day.

It's stupid. He held out because he thinks he the Jesus Christ of running backs, and wasn't satisfied by just being the highest paid one.

7. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Coming from the most unpolupar person on the boards. I've been here like less than a week and I already know that.

But let me apologize. I just think you misunderstood me. I wasn't calling your boyfriend a horrible player. In actuality I think he's pretty good. If I was rating running backs I'd have him top 10, sure. Not 1. Prob not even top 5. Somewhere around 7-8 seems about right.

I think most fans just don't like his CJ > Titans attitude, and since RBs are the most replaceable position in the NFL, why not?

8. gran54

gran54 Starter

Is there any player that faces more 8 man fronts than him due to the threat of him breaking loose which does help out our passing game quite a bit btw. Is there any other player that is more gameplanned against due to his ability to break a play wide open at anytime? .... Not being biased and I'm not happy with him so far. The holdout has hurt him though it was business, but come on guys it's 2 weeks in to the season. There's a lot of games left. I mean Fred Jackson is leading the league in yards with 229 ..... I don't think he will end up with the rushing title this year.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You Know What Really SUCKS!!!

What really sucks is that for the first time EVER.....

Every time I see CKwas2K get the ball i CRINGE!

Kinda like every time we used to see Eddie get the ball at the end of his career or KFC get under center or VY throw the ball long. What a shame.

CKwas2K Just runs up, bumps his Oline and falls down. 2 2 bad.

Then we put Ringer in the game and BLAMMO!!! A running back!!!!

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Yeah AP and RunDMC run into an 8 man box most of the time and look how bad they're doing... oh wait.

People keep saying this like Johnson is the only thing that lets us throw a pass. Teams have always stacked the box against us even before Johnson was here. In '07-'08 (back when Johnson was just Johnson and not the over inflated egomaniac known as CJ2K) we still ran into 8 man fronts. The reason our passing game is emerging is because we finally have a #1 wideout and a QB that's able to get him the ball.

If you switched CJ out with a less talented back like Fred Jackson or Amand Bradshaw we would get less passing yards true but we would also have more consistent drives due to the fact that we have a back that is willing to take 3-4 yards instead of negative to. Fact: 3rd and longs kill offensive drives and Johnson produces 3rd and longs in abundance.

How long does it need to be before this becomes and issue? What happens if Johnson doesn't perform against the Broncos? Do we have the right to be upset then? We are 1-1 when we should be 2-0 and Johnson's holdout played a huge part in that. If we miss the playoffs by 1 game I hope you all are still thrilled Johnson got his.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar