Boo to changes to body types in video game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NewsGrabber, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Just came across <a href="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/04/66201871/1" target="_blank">this story</a> on new looks for players on the Madden video game for Nintendo's Wii.</p> <p>Take a look at the pictures and consider the position-by-position descriptions of body types.</p> <p>Example:</p> <blockquote> <p>Quarterback - his wide shoulders and small waist emphasize the "heroic leader" look.</p> </blockquote> <p>Maybe this is a stretch, but I was automatically struck by the picture of Madden's <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1428" target="_new">Peyton Manning</a> under those guidelines. With wide shoulders and a small waist, he doesn't look like the Peyton Manning I know.</p> <p>Yes, it's a video game and this amounts to a caricature.</p> <p>But we live in a day and age when unrealistic body types have been broken down and assessed. I don't know if they wound up changing Barbie's proportions, but I remember it was discussed and if they weren't altered, they should have been.</p> <p>I'm no video gamer, but I know things like Madden have gotten life-like to an almost hard-to-believe degree.</p> <p>So why take a turn toward cartoonish now?</p> <p>Enough kids play enough Madden that I think it will get into their heads that if they want to be the next Peyton Manning, they need to look like that.</p> <p>And since no animator or weight room is going to make them look like that, aren't these people helping steer these wanna-be quarterbacks to methods none of us want in the picture?</p>

More...
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

That is exactly why I wouldn't buy the Wii Madden. They turn cool games into kid games. Besides Nintendo needs that 'cartoon look' element to sale to their main market of younger players.
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

They might as well bring back NFL Blitz
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

I'm just waiting for Zombie Madden 2012
  5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

E
    A
    Sports

it's in the lame
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Well, wii sucks. No secret there. An adult shouldn't be playing it anyway to complain.
  7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 MY Titans wore navy blue.

Sorry, what?
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

9. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Is this person really worried about people wanting to be really thin because of football. If so that makes me shed a tear for stupidity.
  10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thats Wiitarded
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.