Bonnaroo Lineup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I love a few of the bands, but packed, hot outdoor fests are flat out the worst environment to enjoy music. I far prefer a cozy indoor club stage..

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm the same now. As I get older, I just can't stomach hearing live music with thousands of other people and through gigantic speakers that don't sound very good.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, giant outdoor PAs aren't very musical. They tend to be scooped, boomy and tinnier than a rusty sardine can.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're the first person I've ever known of to say "I hate RHCP." I know a few people who don't care for them, but how can you hate them?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When RHCP really was blowing up (Mother's Milk / BSSM) there was a huge contingent of haters to accompany their popularity.
    I like the music, but Anthony Keidis has always been friggin annoying, and I'm not alone in that opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but I find their sound gimmicky and annoying. Being forced to hear their songs over and over as a teenager (they were played in my workplace) turned my mild dislike into fairly intense dislike.

I still maintain that they are not good songwriters. Sure, they are skilled at playing their instruments. It just amounts to nothing special for me. All style and no substance.

But I realize I am fairly alone in this opinion and I could well be wrong. Maybe I just don't really get RHCP.

7. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

http://wakarusa.com/2012/lineup.asp > Bonnaroo

Went to Roo last year. I think it had a great lineup last year but the amount of people ruin the experience compared to the smaller festivals.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea Keidis' writing style is odd and their lyrics often make little to no sense.

I still love RHCP... not as much as I used to. I bought their new CD and hated it.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've watched The Roots and Blackstar in smaller venues and both were amazing. Can't imagine either being that great in this format.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was young, still in college and was sitting at Burger king one day. Was talking about music to one of my friends and after he left, the guy next to me struck up a conversation. After talking about 30 minutes, he asked me if I was interested in a job "assuming this thing takes off". Said they were starting up a festival... called bonnaroo. I thought the guy was nuts and said I wasnt interested.

And im unemployed right now.....

/facepalm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar