Bongo's post SB Mock..................

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Considering I see 13 DE prospects that could immediately start or contribute for us I'm not too worried about that happeneing. This DE class is rediculous and we can afford to wait until round 2 if we don't like the value in round 1.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

See Tyrone Calico.Bowe is a Calico clone. What did he ever do? We do not need a WR, unless you are Jim Schwartz, so you can have another failsafe excuse for having a terrible Defense.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Calico comes to the Titans after having a big senior season, which earned him a spot on the All-Sun Belt first team. Calico led the Blue Raiders with 45 catches for 606 yards and four touchdowns."
    http://media.www.mtsusidelines.com/...elines.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

dwayne bowe this year

65 catches 990 yard 15.2 ypc 58 long 12 tds against sec defenses.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bowe and Calico are way different, at least in the type of players they are. Calico was pretty much all potential based on size and speed. Bowe doesn't have that speed, but has something that's a little more solid, yac ability.

Not that I'm a big Bowe guy, but I think he's less risky than Ty and has had a very good year.

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

:ha: comparing Bowe to Calico

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hmmmm....

First, please name the 13 DE prospects you think could immediately start for us.

Second, can you rate them in terms of what rnd you think they should be taken (presumably you're not gonna tell me there is a DE worth a 3rd rnd pick who could start for us).

Could you rate our other options in terms of your preference? Sign Freeney, sign Adalius Thomas, sign a Grant or Smith, sign a Kearse, trade for Simeon Rice.

Gut

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Ok, for clarification I said "start or contribute for us," and here's the list:

Anderson, Adams, Carriker, Abiamiri, Moses, Moss, Johnson, Spencer, Woodley, Alama-Francis, Crowder, Bazuin, and McDonald. (not in my ranked order)

1st round talent: Anderson, Adams, Carriker, Abiamiri, Moses, Moss, Johnson, and McDonald (seriously)

How many do I think will go first round? probably 5

2nd round talent: Spencer, Woodley, Alama-Francis, Crowder, and Bazuin

how many will go? I'm not sure but there should be around 8 solid DEs after round 1.

Moses could be considered 2nd round talent, but Crowder could also be considered as a 1st round talent

IMO, we will scratch Moses and Moss off the board unless they fall really far (specuation and how I personally feel about them although they are 1st round talents and would still contribute to us because of their athleticism and physical attributes.)

I'm not an expert on the FAs but I think Colts will franchise Freeney, Thomas is a 3-4 OLB and wouldn't be worth the $ to bring in as a DE, no to Kearse, who would we trade for Rice?, and I kindof lke the idea of Grant and to a lesser extent Smith but because of the lack of depth of FAs I think they will be overpayed. (if not, not a bad idea... but the depth at DE is pretty crazy so it might not be the best idea.)

I want a CB in FA and maybe a London Fletcher depending on the $

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The most DEs taken in the 1st 2 rnds since '96 is 11. The most taken on day #1 is 13. So their will be talent available in the 2nd rnd.

The FA DE pool is deep too other guys that you didn't list are Kerney who is now 30 yrs old and coming off an injury and Chris Kelsey. A bunch of solid run stuffers who give you some pressure. I'm looking for the game changer and that guy isn't going to be found in FA.

I think their are 5 game changers in the draft...Anderson, Adams, Carriker, Moss, and Spencer.

In terms of MLB in FA their are several solid vets in Fletcher and Godfrey along with Kawika Mitchell who is younger. I know we need another MLB, but my problem is that I want to give Tulloch the chance to start and bringing in a vet will limit his snaps because a vet like Fletcher or Godfrey isn't coming to be a backup.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tez...

Sorry to misquote you. Perhaps you could narrow your list to who can start and be a dominant pass rusher. We don't need a guy who can 'contribute' since that has different meanings for everyone (ie a good special teams guy is a contributor, but you're not looking for that in rnds 1-2).

You think Abiamiri, Moses, Moss, Johnson, and McDonald are first rnd talents? Why?

Why do you think Alama-Francis, Crowder, and Bazuin are second rnd talents?

Why would anyone consider Crowder a first rnd talent?

The Colts will try...it'll be up to Freeney whether he wants the huge bucks or will take less (though Peyton certainly didn't) to stay with the team. AThomas probably has the best size/speed ratio to play RDE than any of the prospects coming out. He's also been an excellent player in the NFL and knows what he's doing. That's the upside. The downside is we'd be no more accurate projecting him than anyone else coming out of the draft since for the most part, he hasn't played DE fulltime since he's become a PLAYER! He'd also cost a pretty penny. However, there is a failsafe to bringing in Thomas. We know he's a Pro Bowl caliber OLB and also can be dominant at MLB. I'm certain if he doesn't work out at RDE fulltime, we can find a place to play him where he'd be a BIG help to the D. As for Simeon Rice, I'd imagine we'd have to give up a 3rd or 4th rnd pick.

I very much dislike the idea of bringing in run stuffers who also will be overpaid. Problem is, they won't have the kind of impact a dominant pass rusher can bring to the D.

Not a bad idea at all. However, if we want a dominant MLB, Willis may be right there or Tulloch might be able to handle the position. Right now, we need a pass rush to help out our secondary (and a new CB and FS).

And thank you for answering my questions....much appreciated!!!

Gut

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No one can be compared to Calico. Literally he's missed a lot of games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar