Bonds Fails Test for Amphetamines

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by A.D., Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

With that logic we should convict anyone who pleads the 5th. :rolleyes:

Innocent before proven guilty last I checked. You ASSUME he is guilty because he will not testify. And I am pretty sure that if he was put on the stands it would not end up being as cut and dry as:

Did you give him steroids?

No.

No further questions.

Most likely the guys credibility would be called into question. Him and his entire family would be scrutinized and it would end up being, even if he said no, spun that he is a long time friend and trainer of Bonds and stands to lose financially if he says he did give him the steroids. A lose lose situation.

You mention he is afraid of perjuring himself but don't you think that Bonds would have a team of lawyers in there to defend him and coach him on what to say and what not to say? All on Bond's money. They guy is supposedly one of Bond's best friends and money would not really be an object.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He didnt plead the 5th, he flat out didnt testify. And please explain to me why a guy would choose to go to jail, if he had nothing to hide? If he is innocent, why not testify and say your innocent. I dont understand your logic a bit. You are telling me that having your credibility called into question is worse than going to jail, and also having your credibility called into question?

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He is barely a blip right now. He goes to the stand he becomes the center of a media circus. Allot of people do not want that type of pressure. It is not like this guy went to a maximum security prison either, he refused to testify. Minimum security. Yes he loses some freedoms but you know Bonds on the backend is waving a giant bag of money to keep his mouth shut. Everything this guy is at this point in his life is most likely in some way related to Bonds and their long time friendship.

The guy in the past has said he did not give Bonds steroids. Like they are going to break him on the stand? More likely he goes up and says that people again just assume he is lying and he get 50 JAs camped outside his house for the next three years going through his trash.

:hmm: .... Prison or loss of all privacy and yourself for as long as you are the story of the day.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This isnt going to go away. At some point, he is going to become the center of attention, especially when Bonds breaks the record. Because the record isnt going to be celebrated as a great achievement, it is going to have a dark steroid cloud hanging over it. And I think the way the trainer is going about this actually brings more suspicion, and makes him even more significant in this whole story in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar