Boldin and Larry vs Harper.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Last week, I thought that if we got past Houston, we should be able to beat the Cards at home. The Texans were jacked up and came into Monday's game with playoff hopes...their offense torched us in Week 2 and Vince had alot to deal with (homecoming).

The Cards dont really have much to play for right now...they are well ahead of the 9ers in their division and can basically coast into the playoffs. Their only big game is next week against the Vikings and they want to make sure they are healthy, so I dont think that they will put FULL effort into this game. With that said, we also have nothing to lose (basically) but coming off 4 straight wins and teams ahead of us falling in Week 11, I see us coming out strong and making this a statement game in front of hometown fans.

Everyone will be watching VY/CJ, but the key to Sunday's game is defense. If we can do what we did against Houston, we'll take it. A low score game works in our favor here considering Arizona's defense isnt all that great.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

As mentioned before AZ's run game isn't anything impressive, but I'm expecting them to try and throw us off by running the ball more.

Everyone knows that these guys are great in the passing game and not so much in the running game. I see them trying to take advantage by running early and often.

The big key in my eyes is to keep their run game grounded. Bring the heat on Warner early and often and force him out of his comfort level. You can expect LF and AB to make some plays but we have to be able to limit those which is easier said than done.

Overall, control the clock, keep our O on the field and their's off it and we will have a great shot at racking up our 5th straight W.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Same thing as always they will get 300 yards passin but our running game will keep us in it and in the fourth Q we either win by a field goal or lose by one.
    We did it with the texans and practice it with the colts(practice because P.Manning just to good)

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Think of it this way; we could capitalize on every possession and make the most of it or they could exploit our defense for what it is. We can't stop Danny DeVito from having a great day passing so they'll pass, and our run stop ability is good so they'll simply not run. Our defenses strength will have little impact in this game. It's all on the D-line.

Offensively we have C.J. and Vince so you know I feel great about that.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

I hate to say it, but it appears that somewhere in the past few weeks, the Cards finally found a running game. Not to the point where they're dominating opponents, but it's been effective. Over the past few weeks, Tim Hightower and Beanie Wells have gotten around 28 rushing attempts per game, and are averaging roughly 5 ypc.

It's worth mentioning that their past three opponents have been relatively mediocre defenses (Bears, Seahawks, and Rams) and that the Cards got out to a big lead early in two of those games, which allowed them to run the ball more than one would expect. But still...they're showing that they can have success on the ground, given the opportunity.

It'll definitely put the defense to the test. Fortunately, Warner isn't a QB who performs well under duress. If they can knock him around early and get him hearing ghosts, they might be able to force him into some mistakes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Any1 Vs Harper = 0-6

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad you brought this up. Because I was under the assumption that because we suck at pass defenses they'll pass, and since we can stop the run, they wont run. But since you brought up that they're running, then maybe we can disrupt their game plan. They cant assume we'll let them run, that crazy. But they may try it anyways to see where they're at. If they can run and eat up time, then hooray! We know how to play keep away too. If we get into a shootout were chopped liver, but we do run the ball as well as anyone.

8. 24

24 Starter

We're :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ed.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We will be the first team that beats the Cardinals on the road this season.:yes:

Warner won't have time to try to pick on Harper.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Another point worth mentioning:

The Cards are 5-0 in games where Warner is sacked less than twice, and his average passer rating was 128.1.

They're 2-3 in games where Warner was sacked 2+ times, and his average passer rating is a mere 71.4. Sack him three times, and their record falls to 0-2.

In the past month, the Titans defense has averaged 3+ sacks per game, and has had at least two sacks in every game.

The Titans currently have 25 sacks...more than any team the Cardinals have faced this year. The Colts (24 sacks) are the sack-happiest team the Cards have seen so far. They got to Warner 4 times, forced 2 INT's.....and beat the Cardinals 31-10.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar