Boise State 2012 BCS National Champions

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Anyone who mentions my Utes in a good way gets a high five from me

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:lol2: exactly.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

hahahaha beat Miss St. first or at least lose by less than 30

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There has not been a split national championship since the BCS was put in place.

The BCS guarantees that #1 will play #2. That was not a guarantee before. The BCS considers strength of schedule. The old AP and coaches poll were just guys who voted.

This system is much better. Sorry if your fag team got left out and you hate the SEC. All Auburn did last year was run the table in the best conference in the country and then won a conference championship game. Who was more worthy of playing in that championship than Auburn and Oregon? Nobody.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Aren't you the guy that just jumps ship when the team you like isn't winning?

And don't judge a Michigan team that was coached by Rich Rodriguez. Not fair.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I was wrong. There were not two split national titles, there was one. Michigan split the national title with Nebraska in 1997 and the BCS was put in place in 1998. HOWEVER, USC split the a national title with LSU in 2003.

This system is better, but it still sucks balls.

I don't hate the SEC. I hate college football.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Rare that I give Shortbus credit... but this post was spot on 100%.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you think you would magically like college football if there was an 8 team playoff? I bet not.

Also, there are no split BCS Champions.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I would gain a little respect for it. I still wouldn't like the claim of amateurism or the gimmick offenses.

What really pisses me off is the NCAA acting like they're in it for the best of the athletes. We can't have a playoff because the athletes would miss too much school.

Yeah, the athletes are the main concern. Tell that to the women's volleyball team in Texas AM that might have to fly to Georgia to play a conference game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar