Boclair is clueless... (Finnegan contract)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Champ Bailey is NOT the Champ Bailey we've come to know, yes he's still good, but he's no longer the best of the best.

2. JCBRAVE

I'd like to see your list of the best CB's playing right now.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The back side of it yes.....Hope is not worth what I can pay him, much less what he may want form the Titans.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

But Ryan Mouton singlehandedly won the Jets game... For the Jets.

How long are we going to keep this clown Mouton on the roster? It was good to see him on IR, unable to hurt the team, as bad as that sounds.

5. JCBRAVE

He's just terrible out there, really really sucks. Like a lot. Like he sucks so much he should be called "the vacuum", he sucks, blows and just stands around.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The goal is to build a team that can get to and succeed in the playoffs. The whole "we have to good CB's and we'll be okay without Finnegan" plan fails horrifically when you have to play Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Phillip Rivers in the playoffs.

People like to say we should be more like the Pats and Steelers and build through the draft but building through the draft and then letting go of players who can still help your team is pointless. Finnegan is a top ten cornerback and the best nickleback in the NFL. Pay the man

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have a deep down feeling that not signing Finny is going to come back and bite us. Like JC mentioned earlier, you don't let your best corner go when we have no idea who is coming back at safety next year. I don't even remember how many times Finny was there to stop the runningback after he had gotten through our line. You do not run across corners like him very ofter, and if we do not resign him, we will find that out.

Also, I think it is becoming more evident that taking another teams star corner is not the safest thing to do. Not very often does it pan out and I think Finny knows this. Hopefully it makes the contract talk easier whenever they decide to talk.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

On the Finny situation I've said it before, QB pressure covers a multitude of sins. If we gave Finny's money to someone like Mario Williams the pressure he would get on the QB would cover up the need for such a good nickelback. Plus I think if he's on one end pressuring the QB every play he might draw some double teams and open up things for Derrick Morgan on the other side.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In no order: Revis, Jonathon Joseph, Charles Woodson, Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Joe Haden, Brent Grimes and Nnamdi Asomugha.*

All of those guys can play man-to-man effectively and that's what you need to do to be considered a top corner. There's nothing wrong with Finnegan's game, in fact I like his game a lot, but he isn't a top corner.

*Brandon Carr is definitely on his way up too.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Finnegan is a top corner. There's no way I'm taking Grimes and Haden over Finnegan even though they're both really good.

You've definitely got to put Finnegan in the top 10. And for whatever skill he may lack, he makes up for it with his intensity.

And as far as top corners go, the real question is who would you rather have than Finnegan? Even though Woodson and Bailey are better than Finnegan, there's no way you could say you'd prefer them at this point due to age.

Realistically, I can only think of 3 corners I'd rather have than Finnegan... Revis, Joseph, Flowers.

All that said, not signing Finnegan is okay if (and only if) we make major upgrades at d-line and safety.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar