Bobby McCray?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Since we're going after RFA's, what would it take to pry this guy from the Jags?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he got the second round tender

3. Dangermode

10 sacks last year in his third year. I'd trade a two for that.

4. Fry

i wouldnt. he plays next to john henderson and marcus stroud, that certainly inflates his numbers.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Agreed.

He plays with 2 of the best if not THE BEST tackles in the game

6. Dangermode

From Scouts:

"McCray is a fine edge pass rusher who is peaking in all areas of his game and should only be getting better. He has become quite reliable and has worked hard for his success. He is athletic with a fine motor and competes well. He has very good straight line speed and closes well with a burst. When McCray arrives, he is a powerful jolting tackler. He is an attacking player can chase running plays down from behind. He is a fine pass rusher who shows good power on impact, but really excels at getting low, dipping his shoulder and bending the edge on an offensive tackle's outside shoulder. He gets his long arms up well to disrupt throwing lanes and to get his hands on blockers before they can reach his body."

7. Fry

scouts inc.

"McCray has good athletic skills and a strong motor. He is at his best attacking gaps on the move against the run. He has good range and closing speed when pursuing from the back side. He is an active edge rusher who has a good first step. He accelerates off the edge, closes quickly on the quarterback and uses his hands effectively. He can bend the edge and finish on the rush. But McCray is undersized and limited against the run. He isn't a very good technician. He struggles to hold the point and stay square. He loses leverage and has problems maintaining pad level. He plays with a narrow base and gives ground too easily. He has trouble holding up against both tackles and tight ends. He has a quick up-and-under move but few countermoves off his upfield pass rush."

basically your typical undersized pass rusher who has the luxury of playing on a great d-line. i dont think he can be counted on to come in and be the man on the d-line.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. Dangermode

I think thats Scouts pre 2006 season review. I posted the most recent one.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i wouldnt mind going for him but not for anything decent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar