Bob McNair votes "no confidence" on Carr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If they keep him this year he counts $8 mill against their cap. If they cut him & lose his base salary, his remaining bonus money would all count against the cap this year.

Even so by cutting him they'd save $3.25 mill. Any team that took him in a trade would have a two year $11 mill contract on their hands but that's not a long deal to have to renegotiate. An interested team to easily turn it into a 5 year deal for more money altogether but less per year.

A trade, which may be plausible,would save the Texans $5.25 mill this year.

2. No, he is only signed though 2007. Cutting or trading him would save $5.25M (his base) with no additional cap hit.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

and the downfall of the team that never really was continues

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The full story is on Carr is here,sorry SK but he's signed through 08.
    http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout143.html

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

The Texans would be stupid to resign Carr. Him and Andre Johnson have unbelieveable chemistry and that offense could be really good with a o-line. Carr is a top 18 QB in my eyes. If he was in the NFC with a decent team, he could be in the pro-bowl no doubt.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Carr has been inconsistent, but his performance has been a helluva lot better than that of the team's ownership and management. Carr has had his ups and downs....McNair and his hand-picked management team have done nothing but drive that organization into the ground from day 1. Just when you think they're on the verge of doing something big and turning in the right direction, they find a way to screw things up in the most glorious manner imaginable.

This is another example of the pot calling the kettle black....only in this case, the pot is actually a turd.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

carr's career was ruined by dom capers and his inability to assemble a half way decent o-line.

8. You're right. I was looking on NFLPA and they had his base salaries listed out of order and I thought it ended after 2007.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Carr still has a chance, but i think the sack thing has to be partly his fault. You can always get rid of the ball in my opinion. You don't have to take that many sacks.

My biggest criticism of him was in the Titans game. He had the ball inside his 5 with the clock running, and he was asked if he wanted to go, or just clock out for overtime. And he chose to clockout. That is just lame. Great qb's lead drives from the 1. You have to believe you can make the play. He didn't. Vince did. It was night and day. Vince is a winner. Carr is not.

That said, I still think he can jumo the shark. But he's gotta want the ball. Winners want the ball.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Um, I think you may be confused on the meaning of that phrase.

It refers to a television show using a cheap gimmick to revive falling ratings, and it usually has the opposite effect of insulting the viewer so badly that the show completely tanks.

The phrase originated with a two-part episode of "Happy Days" which used a horrible cliffhanger gimmick: Fonzie, a novice waterskier, accepts a bet and jumps a shark cage on waterskis.

Just tryin' to help a brutha out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar