Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Bob McNair votes "no confidence" on Carr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $31
    Interesting article in the Houston Chronicle yesterday...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4532439.html

I'm sure that just makes Texans fans even more furious that they didn't draft Vince.

I know there's been some talk that they'd go after Plummer, but I wonder why Jeff Garcia's name hasn't come up more in connection with Houston.
  2. oochymp Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    it's hard to throw consistently when you're on the ground consistently

And I'm not sure Garcia would want to start on a sub par team, he tried that twice and it didn't work, I expect him to re-sign with the Eagles and go into next season as McNabb's backup.
  3. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Well, that wasn't as true this season as it has been. The strange thing really is the inconsistency... he had a great start to the season and fizzled. Sad to see a #1 pick lead to those results. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this.
  4. oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Moolah:
    $444
    Pick up Carr to replace Collins?
  5. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Hmm interesting.
    I think Carr will be released/traded. They will bring a vet in and draft a young QB to be mentored by said vet. Jake Plummer mentoring Brady Quinn? Troy Smith? Would the Texans trade with the Jets (who had 4 QBs in training camp with starting experiance in the NFL).
    Houston is furious now
  6. oochymp Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Still, getting sacked something like 200 times in your first four seasons can mess up a QB, you'll never hear anyone in Houston say that, but I think that's why he never panned out. If they bring in Brady Quinn and don't significantly improve the o-line look for the same thing to happen to him.
  7. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $31
    I doubt it. They excercised an $8 mil extension last season, so they'd have a significant cap hit if they dumped him.
  8. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Well, no cap hit really. Just dead money. They only extended him though 2007. But they would save his $5.25M base salary.
  9. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    And only play him against the Jags ... :grrhee:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,027
    Garcia is strictly a WC offense QB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.