Bob Marley vs Bob Seger CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 23, 2016.

?

BOB WARS RD3: Bob Marley vs Bob Seger

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
  1. Bob Marley

41.7%
  2. Bob Seger

58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Sunspot Baby is one of my favorite songs.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Bob Marley brought an entire new sound to the masses. Reggae has its own heartbeat compared to other types of music. It is distinct. I can see this going either way, but Seger didn't have nearly the impact of Marley.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I get that...I used to love it when I was in NC...listened to a reggae show every Sunday; now I'm on an island and I get to play those Aston Barret bass lines. Tbe down side is it's hard to get away from and so much of it is really bad "Jawaiian" pop. It's either really happy love and fishing songs or- worse yet- some kid trying to sing a love song over a one-drop skank in Am-G ad nauseum.

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Funny that you said that. My sister lives in Grand Cayman, and reggae undertones rule the day there, but it is morphed into a strain of something like Ranks and hip hop like mess. Terrible actually compared to the "soul, struggle, and power" of where it all started.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. avvie

Oh yes....the derivitive strains are most vile indeed.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think you'd be a real fan of "Christafari" then.
    Lol

It's like a horrible Christian UB40, except the white lead singer has dreadlocks

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

lol

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

lol x 2- where did you dig that chit up?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I know my 90s-early 2000s Christian music scene. I remember how bad they were, even when white guy reggae crap like POD was popular. I wanted to try to like the band. But just couldn't.

When someone brought up horrible reggae derivative, it naturally was the first thing to come to mind.

10. avvie

I am NOT clicking that!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar