Bob Marley vs Bob Seger CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 23, 2016.

?

BOB WARS RD3: Bob Marley vs Bob Seger

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
  1. Bob Marley

41.7%
  2. Bob Seger

58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've never seen anyone get so excited about Toad The Wet Sprocket

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bob Seger, cause I was in High School when Night Moves came out, and it brings back nostalgic memories of trying to get laid for the first time

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bob Seger has a huge pile of hits.. He could do a three hour show and play nothing but known stuff.

I always liked that Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser bit on Live Bullet..
    And for what it's worth you can hear the man's heart breaking on Night Moves. Lyrics say he used the girl, but that track is too deep.
    In real life she crushed him - fooled around w him while her beau was off on VietNam and he never really got over it when she ran off the dude when he came back..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This one works for that as well - and the outcome is always bit more accurate..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I just think they are put out good tunes in the 90s. Put them up against an all-time great, and they rightfully lose my vote. I'd vote for queen, Dio, or deep purple over them in an instant, if they were matched up in round 1.

6. nickmsmith

Thanks I think. I get exposed to a ton of music through my work, and mostly I tend to favor 70s rockers or 90s nostalgic acts from when I was a kid.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What I was referring to is your actually liking the tired, threadbare standards that the rest of the music universe absolutely despise. I've only encountered one other person who defended OTRnR and he's like about 79 years old and has never seen a Tom Cruise movie.

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I was going to see Seger a year or so back in a small venue, until I saw the sticker price for bleeders at $130. Seger can suck it.

9. nickmsmith

That's from DJing weddings I think. Which involves playing pretty much only the threadbare standards. It's what works for them. There is no space for highbrow artsy music picking for me, most of the time. It's not high art, but it pays, and it's a good time.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh I don't listen to the music that pays my bills either. That would suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar