Board controversy.................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I still believe Fisher job should be in trouble but I do know I am in a minority................the basis for my feelings is not allowing VY ro play early and bringing in VY...............I was all for VY game one and was vocal about it....................signing KC was just plain pathetic desparation move..................and apparently others agree with me................can we discuss this realistically? I think Fish and Chow have to answer this one.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.nfl.worstmoves/content.1.html

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm more concerned with the fact that if Fisher is extended, Schwartz will undoubtably stay. That's a real factor in my thought process when considering if he should be extended or not.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was one of the ones who thought fisher should stay since the beginning of the season. collins was obviously a desperation move, but i think they made that decision knowing he would start, at the most, a handful of games.

i do agree with kami though, schwartz has to go.

4. Yes, bringing in Collins was a desperation move because of the trouble they had with Volek. But I wasn't in favor of starting Vince week 1.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Well I want Fish and JS gone.............and Chow to stay for VY...............but I think there is little chance of that now

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The whole Volek/Collins scenario was more than about who was best on the field. From what I read it was about discipline & Fisher taking control of the team. At the time I don't think anyone in the organisation believed VY was ready to help the team. Have a bud on me for that one Bud.

Go to any board & no matter how successful a team is there will be some people who are not happy. Often for what could be argued as legitimate reasons.

I don't like Schwartz. I don't understand why we didn't at least start the secondary we had when Hill was out for at least one more game. Why is Lamont still allowed in the city let alone the facility.

At no time however did I want us to say goodbye to Fisher. At our worst I conceded that if Fisher leaving was the only way to lose Schwartz I could live with it.

IMO it all goes to show that unless your talkng about an Al Davis team, a coach should be given the season to sort things out before he is judged. This season isn't over yet.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

great that means were stuck with schwartz once again :baghead:

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

well I have a lot or issues with Fish and the way he handles his depth chart and how he sits rookies is the top reason...............Finegan and Tulloch need to play.............VY should have started very early in this season................i said it then and I am saying it loudly now

9. dlb

dlb Guest

I've read differing accounts of who was responsible for bringing Collins in when they did. Probably it was a joint decision. Regardless of who's to blame, I think it was a mistake also. I also think canning Volek was a mistake. I'm sure Fisher was involved in both decisions. However hindight is 20/20, & when Fisher realized his/their mistake he corrected it. Maybe not as soon as some of us would have liked.
    But since then he has gotten this team playing pretty good ball considering we are what, the second youngest team? There was a time I was leaning toward wanting a change at the hc position. After seeing the way we are progressing after such a dismal start, I think losing Fisher would probably be a disaster.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i posted on it when it occured............it was Fish and Chow jointly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar