Bo Scaife's "Real UT" comment.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LasombraKnight, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OaklandTnTitan

OaklandTnTitan Camp Fodder

He says "The Real UT", because a few years ago the University of Texas tried to trade mark the phrase "UT" so the University of Tennessee would have to pay to use it or not use it at all. Tennessee fought it and one because the have been a University quite a bit longer than Texas and I guess they are pissed because the didn't win the case. Anyway, he is our best receiver and we should worry more about what he does on the field, and less about a stupid catch phrase during warm ups.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Texas wasn't even a state when UTK was founded. So Bo is not only tacky; he is also a moron.

3. MacNine

MacNine Starter

Couldn't agree more..Plus, he spoke the truth and the truth hurts!
    :yes:

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Texas is miles ahead of Tennessee so sure Texas can be the real UT for now.

5. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

I was wondering what he was alluding to. Thanks for clearing it up for me. When I was at UT we did not distinguish between the 2 UTs other than to note God's beautiful burnt orange skies and their likeness to UT's uniform color. Kids today....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The "real UT" plays in the only conference that matters.

SEC: 5 BCS Championships, home of the REAL UT!

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

[​IMG]

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like it.

"UT...and not the push pop colored one"

9. 24

24 Starter

Wow, someone's sensitive...

10. iQon

iQon Starter

You'd think people would care more about winning a few games instead of racing Al Davis and St. Louis for the top pick.

I'm 99.9% sure he didn't do it to touch a nerve, and I'm 100% sure athletes don't care about our feelings. Just like he won't when he chases his pay day in about 6 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar