Bo Scaife

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jose7, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He is a decent starter. Not a good one. Yes, he's 14th and 16th in catches and yards. But that would put him above Crumpler, Todd Heap, LJ Smith, Greg Olsen, Randy McMichael, Ben Watson, Daniel Graham, and Robert Royal.

I'm not convinced he is better than any of them.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Every one of those guys has missed significant time with injuries. I am all for drafting a top TE early (Ingram from Florida if he comes out) because we still play a heap of 2 TE sets and that ain't going to change anytime soon.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe that was the point. If they are healthy, Bo slides.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Ahh. Got it. I was having a Troupe moment.

5. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

...and L. J. Smith will be an unrestricted free agent.:greedy: He may be worth wrestling away from the Eagles. He's a solid player with good instincts.

6. We might be in the perfect position to draft the top TE (whoever that might be) in the 1st round. Either that or a top WR.

I'm not sure LJ Smith is worth the money that free agents are getting nowadays, though certainly he'd be an improvement.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd loved to have taken Whitten over Calico in '03.

I think a top-tier TE can be found in the late second round. Problem is, a draft pick in '08 doesn't probably give the Titans what they need from the TE spot until '09 or later.

A free agent might give the Titans more production sooner.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What is Ben Troupe's problem? He's shown really really great flashes when he's in there. He doesn't seem to get many chances though.

Is it just his lack of understanding plays? Or poor blocking? Or a combination?

Scaife is solid. I certainly want the Titans to retain him long-term as a number2. Even if he is a starter next season, I think thats ok.

I'd rather see us spend this offseason (draft and FA) targeting more pressing needs, imo. WR, OL, DL, DB all could be upgraded. That being said, if there is a steal at TE in the draft where we pick, certainly we should take it.

Also, I don't agree with the comment that drafting a TE in 2008 means that TE won't be productive til 2009 or later. I mean, I agree in the sense that Fisher probably won't play the guy regardless; but I would think a TE could should be able to come in and contribute immediately, even if it's not as a full time starter.

It's past time the Titans start utilizing the best talent instead of playing lesser talent for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar