Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Bo Scaife

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jose7, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    He is a decent starter. Not a good one. Yes, he's 14th and 16th in catches and yards. But that would put him above Crumpler, Todd Heap, LJ Smith, Greg Olsen, Randy McMichael, Ben Watson, Daniel Graham, and Robert Royal.

I'm not convinced he is better than any of them.
  2. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Every one of those guys has missed significant time with injuries. I am all for drafting a top TE early (Ingram from Florida if he comes out) because we still play a heap of 2 TE sets and that ain't going to change anytime soon.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I believe that was the point. If they are healthy, Bo slides.
  3. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Ahh. Got it. I was having a Troupe moment.
  4. CNYTitanFan Guest

...and L. J. Smith will be an unrestricted free agent.:greedy: He may be worth wrestling away from the Eagles. He's a solid player with good instincts.
  5. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    We might be in the perfect position to draft the top TE (whoever that might be) in the 1st round. Either that or a top WR.

I'm not sure LJ Smith is worth the money that free agents are getting nowadays, though certainly he'd be an improvement.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I'd loved to have taken Whitten over Calico in '03.

I think a top-tier TE can be found in the late second round. Problem is, a draft pick in '08 doesn't probably give the Titans what they need from the TE spot until '09 or later.

A free agent might give the Titans more production sooner.
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,026
    What is Ben Troupe's problem? He's shown really really great flashes when he's in there. He doesn't seem to get many chances though.

Is it just his lack of understanding plays? Or poor blocking? Or a combination?

Scaife is solid. I certainly want the Titans to retain him long-term as a number2. Even if he is a starter next season, I think thats ok.

I'd rather see us spend this offseason (draft and FA) targeting more pressing needs, imo. WR, OL, DL, DB all could be upgraded. That being said, if there is a steal at TE in the draft where we pick, certainly we should take it.

Also, I don't agree with the comment that drafting a TE in 2008 means that TE won't be productive til 2009 or later. I mean, I agree in the sense that Fisher probably won't play the guy regardless; but I would think a TE could should be able to come in and contribute immediately, even if it's not as a full time starter.

It's past time the Titans start utilizing the best talent instead of playing lesser talent for whatever reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.