Blu Ray for da cheap?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is Kindle?

I am actually all for 'digital' newspaper/books if they can do it in a way where it doesn't hurt your eyes. Anything that helps the planet is good with me.

But books and music are different to movies, the downloads are ridiculously long.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Excellent post, TJ. I'm really interested in seeing what goes on in print media. I've been watching stuff on Kindle, though I don't own one. Do you? While I love having actual books, I would happily use about 1/3-1/2 my library in a digital source. You know, the "airport" or "vacation" books that are mindless reading and don't mean anything to you. Print will certainly still exist for the classics, but it's hard to say what else will last.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Kindle is from Amazon. I think there are others as well.

I agree that books and music are different than movies. There are some who want that DVD on their shelf and will pay more for it. Others would sacrifice quality if they could download it cheaper as I'm seeing on PSP3 now.

Personally, I like the OnDemand feature with Comcast which allows me to view movies whenever I want for a set price. Problem is, there is not as extensive a library as I'd like and the price to view is too high, IMO.

But I can see a day when you turn on your TV and there is a huge section with all TV shows, news, movies, etc. which allows you to purchase as you go instead of a monthly plan. You get to watch it as much as you want in 24 hours and then it's erased.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

CDs or DVD/BluRay won't be extinct in five years. Too many businesses/record stores depend on this, and they will make sure they keep producing them.

However, I agree with most of what the Gloat is saying on this topic. Almost nobody without the internet, or the availability to have it, will have a BluRay player in the next 5-10 yrs, considering BR is a newer technology.

But downloading is the wave of the future for sure, but not the near future.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I know this is an odd question for this thread....but anyone got any info for blu rays on da cheap? :lol:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how dare you get off topic!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not in the next 15 - 20 years.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

anyone believing the print media is an endangered format is delusional
    they're still trying to get mom an pop off rabbit ears

digital delivery will take bandwidth that many households do not and will not get

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you can rent movies for $1 outside of McDonald's
    that's much more attractive to the average consumer than having to pay $5 for a download + the cost of their monthly service fee + the cost of their internet provider

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

+ waiting for the damn thing to download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar