Blount Throws punch in practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

As long as Blount punches opposing defenses in the mouth when he's running, I could care less.

2. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Again with the exaggeration atypical of the idle sports fan too ready to believe crap because he saw it on ESPN.. Blount did not attack any fans. They physically attacked him and any one who wants proof of the incident outside of the b/s from espn can go to you tube and find the factual video of fans attacking him and he defending himself.

But truth is not your goal here. You are trying to get on to some pedestal and preach about human decency or some other bool chit (because it is really not clear what you or any other titans fans that are apparently disturbed by this are ing and moaning about)

If one were to believe that you are some saint apparently interested in watching wholesome entertainment devoid of the typical violent outburst that occurs at every other titans game, they would ask you the same question you are yet to answer!! Why do you keep watching titans football yet it is filled with very common acts of violence outside of the game?

Why dont you just go and find some other form of entertainment.

And one other thing. Violence is violence, whether its in football hockey, basketball, or carried out by Blount haynesworth, finnegan etc!!!

It is hypocritical of you or any one else to single out one guy out of a training camp that has seen tens of fights already and then claim that individual is apparently too "violent" for you!!!

There is nothing that disgusts me more than espn sheep who are apparently incapable of formulating whole and well balanced opinion outside of what espn tells them to think.

THE FACT REMAINS THAT FIGHTING IS PART OF EVERY NFL TEAMS FOOTBALL CAMPS, MANY PLAYERS THROW PUNCHES AND MORE!!!

You hypocrites that apparently are only offended by blount out of the hundreds of nfl players that have gotten into fights this camp need to get a life outside of espn by lines!

try thinking for yourself for once.

Much as i hate Fisher i am glad he rightly brushed his nonsense aside. In this case his reaction to this nonstory speaks volumes to how irrelevant it is and the fact that you sir are wasting your time dreaming of bogus couch sessions and coming up with crack pot psych analysis from your couch!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/33yk_QzfyiI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/33yk_QzfyiI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

btw here is the youtube video clearly showing the boise state player approach blount and Blount wasnt shy about giving him more than he bargained for. So please can that pathetic made up story of sucker punch.

It also goes into detail showing fans attacking blount so again stop spreading those bogus espn lies that can be easily disproven with a simple youtube search!!!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All I know... Is that I crack up at so many points of that video- especially in slow motion:

1. The goofy white guy that gets rocked for being an idiot by trying to talk. I can only imagine him (judging on his goofy looks alone) dropping the N-bomb the "OOOF!"... glass jaw gets snubbed!

2. The fans that act REALLY tough until Blount gets within range and then you see them all fall back in unison as if they're attached. And as soon as he's away they're acting tough again- OH he's back!! MOOVE! haha

Blount is a BAMF. Period. I like it. Football is a barbaric sport- anyone that says differently doesn't watch and has never played. Thugs are stars in the NFL. Same as any sport where the idea is to physically punish the opposing team/player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

An N-bomb? Really? The guy says, "How about that a## whoopin!?" Because Lagerrette Blount said on a radio show that's what Oregon was going to dish out.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

You ever had a moron jawing at you, who you just wanted to smack in the chops? I know I have. In no way do I condone Blount's actions vs. Boise State, but I have to say I do understand them, and don't know if I'm really a bigger man who wouldn't have done the same thing myself.

Also, Boise State fans are clearly a group of jackasses. How bout the little kid standing there amidst the chaos? Any Boise parent pulling him away? Nope, nearest adult is too busy getting in Blount's face. What a horrible group of classless people.

Blount lost his cool that day, and has lost his cool a recorded total of three times. It's a troubling figure, but at very least, it's been in the heat and intensity of football; not in clubs like so many other players, and even our man VY, is guilty of.

You may call Blount an idiot, and maybe he is. But for me at least, I can't guarantee I wouldn't be that same kind of idiot.

6. Fry

You'll have to remind me the last time a Titan's game was filled with common acts of violence that were outside the rules of football and the player was not punished for it.
    Right, but for some reason violence, such as fighting, is acceptable in one sport and not the others, it's just the culture of hockey. I think hockey would be better without the fighting. There's no fighting in Olympic hockey and it's great.

The NFL and the NBA have set standards in their leagues that fighting is not acceptable, the NHL hasn't. Which of those leagues is doing the worst?

You'll also have to explain to me how Finnegan is violent. He does everything inside the whistles. He might be an irritant to opposing players, but he doesn't start brawls.
    I don't think anyone is saying he's too violent. The main concern seems to be his inability to control his temper. When a guy says, "The defense just pushed me too far." how is that going to sound to the rest of the league? He's a target now the same exact way Pacman Jones was. Opposing players would constantly take little jabs at him throughout the game knowing he'd eventually go back at them and result in a 15 yard penalty.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

This here is an unfortunate truth - football can be a petty sport at times, and if there's an easy way to gain an advantage, opponents will use it and abuse it.

Last year, when Finnegan was getting too heated, Bulluck gave him a smack on the helmet and got him back in focus.

Let's hope there's someone on offence who can step up and play the same role for Blount.

8. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Just to clarify, it wasn't a 'punch,' it was a 'sucker punch.' Both of his infamous 'punches' were. Cowards 'sucker punch,' and this guy is a 'hit and run' artist. And like an earlier poster mentioned, the first time he does this in a game and it costs the team 15 yards AND he gets ejected, that'll be the end of his defenders on this or any board.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

that is just a silly question... hello did you watch just last weeks preseason game after VY threw that int and went and started a fight?

are you freakin kidding me ?

talk about a selective memory

There is absolutely no logic behind this! Matter of fact this is the best argument i have for the low depth to which espn has taken the average sports fan in that some one actually thinks this a valid argument for why he protests against violence in one sport but is more willing to accept it in another. (btw, it is a complete myth that violence has not been part of football since its inception any one selling that bool chit needs to shut the hell up and go pick up any one of those many sports history books chronicling the game) It is tame by any comparison to todays game.

I have to implore you, to think for yourself instead of using espn by lines for your thinking!
    There is absolutely no valid argument for watching two or more men beat the crap out of each other and then claiming the the locale or occasion makes one fight more socially acceptable than they other. Especially for the sheep that argue that this sets a bad example for the kids.

my answer to you would be "when your kids witness a fight in a football game, tell them whatever you tell them when they see the same in a hockey game."

Um sir you seem to be asking me way too many questions a real titans fan should not be wasting their time asking. I do recall a football game from last year where i think tony brown was ejected for throwing a punch (i am not sure it was him, all i remember was that one of our players was ejected) finny was in the middle of that fight and did lose his helmet.
    finny also did engage in some extra carricular activity last year that did cost us a 15 yarder. (dont remember which game but i am sure there are some members here who will remind you of it)

First off let me say this for the 50th or so time it has been said on this forum. fights are part of training camp. So much so that if a player doesnt get into one, it seems like he aint even trying. It would be the abnormal player who takes contact in training camp that doesnt get into a fight!
    Jeff fisher who has attended more training camps than most peope i know stated this, former player of every kind have all stated this.. WHY IS IT THAT SOME PEOPLE CANT GET THIS SIMPLE POINT INTO THEIR HEADS!!!

FIGHTING IN TRAINING CAMP IS THE NORM!!!!! GET IT? BE READY TO HEAR MORE STORIES OF FIGHTS WHEN THE TITANS JOIN THE CARDS IN TRAINING CAMP!!! (though it might not happen since titans players are so much bigger than the Cards, prolly be over after the titans players win the first 2 or 3 fights)

Secondly if defensive players do what Blount and Vy claimed they were doing that day, titans would not even need to run a single play, they would march straight up to the endzone via 15 yard penalties assessed to them for yanking off peoples helmets.

And most importantly, blount has never ever been assessed a 15 yarder. So your fears here are seriously far fetched. If he had been assessed one during a game i would see where you had a legitimate reason to be concerned, but that boise state fight and a preseason camp fight are completely bogus reasons for fearing that our team will be afflicted with 15 yarders from blount.
    (and on that note, i really wonder how many nights of sleep you lost when fat albert came back to team after having committed no less than attempted murder of the football pitch some years ago)

Ps.. I chose to ignore your question alleging that NHL is struggling compared to NBA and NFL because it is just a stupid argument not worth my time.

10. Fry

No, I didn't watch it. I don't have NFLN or live in Tennessee.

an ejection and a penalty. two examples of two players engaging in inappropriate behavior and being punished for it. Like I said, the NFL has established fighting is not appropriate on the field. Don't take my word for it, take the NFL's.

Blount didn't put a target on his back before now either. He never admitted to the defense getting under his skin so badly that he needed to throw down. He played, what, 2 games after he came back from the suspension last year and hardly played at all?
    Frankly, I thought he was going to be ripped apart by cheap shots throughout the remainder of that year based on that one play.
    I think there's some validity to it. Back in the 70's the NBA was struggling because no one wanted to watch what everyone perceived to be a bunch of coke heads fight every single game. The NBA realized this and cleaned both of those problems up, well the fighting anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar