Blount Throws punch in practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The big deal is his reaction to someone getting under his skin. "The defense pushed me too far." What is he going to do when someone like Finnegan starts to talk smack in a game?

If this were the only time it happened I don't think anyone would care, I sure as hell wouldn't. It's camp, it happens sometime. But if you watch the two incidents they look exactly the same. He throws a punch then does the little strut away and immediately knows he was in the wrong.

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Without question this is not good for Blount. It just makes the rope shorter.

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

looked like a fair amount of shoving going on; I bet if it wasn't for his pass issue, we never would've heard about it. Happens every day; it's hot, they're frustrated.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still disappointing, nonetheless. But, I was expecting worse.

Either way, it's a dumb move after you went undrafted solely because of a punch you threw.

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I doubt it. It's a penalty if they do it intentionally (15 yarder). That's not worth it, when it is easier to just tackle someone in most cases. Also, if they tried to do it to stop a guy from scoring (which would be even hard to pull off, in the open field like that, but let's go with it for the hypothetical), it could be unsportsmanlike penalty that actually leads to automatic TD. The rule says this would happen if, say someone came off the bench and made a tackle. I'm betting it would be the same thing to rip a guy's helmet off in order to stop him from scoring by taking advantage of this rule.

I don't think it will be a real factor in a real game.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I bet there will be a little prodding by the opponent to see if he'd do something stupid.

I remember when teams would take little shots at Pacman because they knew he'd react which usually led to a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone that bashes Blount for this OR thinks he'll be cut for it... I have 2 words for you:
    Albert. Haynesworth.
    [​IMG]

Yes. He also did it in college. And in practice. And in practice again. And then in practice again. And then cleated some guys face... and then ran someone off the road and paralyzed a kid...

OH BUT!... No one cared once he was playing well, did they? Funny how it works...

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

oh... and that's the 2nd punch I've seen Blount throw and think 'wow, sweet right'. He's got a nice punch, probably just wants to show it off.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Albert Haynesworth had talent. Lagerrette Blount is just another guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar