Blount Throws punch in practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't see how they could do that without getting more personal foul penalties. Grabbing someone by the facemask is obviously against the rules, but so is grabbing someone by the back opening of the helmet.

If you're in good enough position to try to rip the guy's helmet off, just try to tackle him and save the penalty yardage.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

This is a glaring weakness in his game. If you can't control your temper, it will control you. Severe punishment obviously didn't teach him this lesson. I'm not sure he can learn it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If he could quit punching people in the face, his intensity could help give this team some much needed fire...

I do like what Fisher said though, "his past is his past, that's not the first punch thrown this training camp is it?" -- Doesn't sound like he'll get cut for this but doublespeak is a Fisher trademark so we'll see.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He won't if these kinds of things continue to occur. :rolleyes:

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Non issue- move along people. Training camp is intense. Baktieri is shoving Joe Joseph around after the whistle and he gives Blount a little shove first. Blount shoves back, then Baktieri shoves harder......then Blount flies an elbow up top..you get it. He QUICKLY got it under control. Wasn't even a real punch. Non-issue.

We need the Blount Dissector's skills.

6. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

not a big deal it happens more then peopel think during training camps all aroudn the NFL but Blount does needs to toen down his temper

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

It's training camp antics...this stuff happens every year...wasn't it d. nickie that got into it w/ v.y. during training camp one year...now that was stupid...hopefully Blount'll keep it together during the season.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Eh... I'm torn on the issue. I don't really care that he punched someone with a helmet on in training camp, that happens all the time as everyone's said.

What I am upset about is the fact that he has so much riding on the line right now - arguably his whole NFL career is gonna be decided this training camp - and he can't keep his cool for a couple of weeks? Come on man, it's not like he didn't know something like this would make headlines, and there's a reason he ran right up to Fisher apologizing. Games are gonna be a lot more intense, and people are gonna be working twice as hard at getting under his skin now that they know he has a temper problem.

Either way, Fisher won't cut him for this alone, but it certainly doesn't help his chances of making this team. If he plays really well in the rest of the games, they'll keep him. If he's on the fringe, it might make the difference between the practice squad and free agency.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I hope Blount punches Philip Rivers like that but with no helmet on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

*scratches head* soooo uh what exactly is the big deal? This isn't an unusual occurrence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar